PDA

View Full Version : Sunday's cellar hole hunt...I was going to wait but

Thiltzy
07-16-2014, 06:21 PM
I was going to wait to clean my finds but, I don't have any time this week to clean them. In fact, I am still cleaning buttons from the prior week. I have big changes with work that are very important and that is my top priority right now. I don't like posting just dirty finds but oh well.
Oh, I got stung for the second week in a row but this time it was a solo wasp:crazy: It was worth it to me...lol as I was able to score two sharp coppers and a Coin Silver Ring. The 1803 Draped Bust and my 2nd KING George I in a month. The KG I's are same date of 1723.

The Rebel
07-16-2014, 07:05 PM
WTG Todd! Glad it was only 1 Wasp and not the entire nest.

del
07-16-2014, 07:26 PM
:smitten:nice looking coppers Todd , congrats on another great hunt. :clapping::clapping:

Bell-Two
07-16-2014, 07:46 PM
Oh man the soil was kind to those Coppers they are beautiful congrats on such sweet finds. :wow:

coinnut
07-16-2014, 08:10 PM
That is probably the best looking KG I copper I have seen. Nice deep strike :shocked04: That Draped bust is not to shabby either :loveit: But word is getting around in the wasp community that you are an easy kill :hystericallaugh: They travel for miles just to sting you. ;) Great hunt!

Timewarpdigger
07-16-2014, 08:29 PM
Great finds congrats. Safe & HH

kpmoose
07-16-2014, 08:42 PM
Awesome detail on those coins and you haven't even cleaned them yet. :congrats:
Hope everything is good at HBP?

BTV Digger
07-16-2014, 09:43 PM
Yeah, great detail on the coins and I'm sure you'll get them looking nice once you get around to it. I'm always envious when you post pics of a location that is clear and open. Nearly all of the sites I've been to this year are basically choked in vegetation! Congrats again.

John

Twobit
07-16-2014, 09:49 PM
Must have been a great time! Congrats on your finds. I seriously need to find some better cellar holes.

kray
07-16-2014, 10:37 PM
Beautiful finds, Todd. Congratulations!

chief5709
07-17-2014, 04:27 AM
Great finds Todd! Incredible detail on the KG :wow: Looks like you got a few buttons there too! Congrats

giant056
07-17-2014, 06:11 AM
Awesome finds there Todd, you sure do make some killer finds in them cellar holes :thumbsup02:

Tony Two-Cent
07-17-2014, 08:35 AM
Another post that makes me green with envy! :envious:

Incredible finds once again, Todd! :notworthy:

The 1723 King George is simply breathtaking! It looks just as nice as the last one you found. :loveit:

The 1803 draped bust is a wonderful find as well. :thumbsup02:

I really like the silver coin ring too. I would suffer through a wasp sting any day to end up with spectacular finds like that! :yes:

:congrats:

Lodge Scent
07-17-2014, 04:55 PM
:drool:That KG is a killer. You got to show us that one when you clean it. Nice finds. Great hunt !

Thiltzy
07-17-2014, 05:43 PM
Lodge Scent
:drool:That KG is a killer. You got to show us that one when you clean it.
I will just don't know when yet:yes:.

Incredible finds once again, Todd! :notworthy:

The 1723 King George is simply breathtaking! It looks just as nice as the last one you found. :loveit:

The 1803 draped bust is a wonderful find as well. :thumbsup02:

I really like the silver coin ring too. I would suffer through a wasp sting any day to end up with spectacular finds like that! Thanks Tony, this KGI seems better because both sides look good. The 1803 is large number variety but not sure if the back fraction is the small type. If it is, it has big value. I really like the coin ring to , it was on the inside lip of one of the cellar holes.

BTV Digger
Yeah, great detail on the coins and I'm sure you'll get them looking nice once you get around to it. I'm always envious when you post pics of a location that is clear and open. Nearly all of the sites I've been to this year are basically choked in vegetation! Congrats again.

John
these sites were choked with over growth also but they had some open spots luckily. We will be hitting them all again in the fall.

But word is getting around in the wasp community that you are an easy kill :hystericallaugh: They travel for miles just to sting you. ;) Great hunt! I concur George...WTF!:blackeye:

kpmoose

Hope everything is good at HBP?
I am sure you heard by now Kevin?

http://www.americandetectorist.com/forum/images/smilies/mysmilies/smitten.gifnice looking coppers Todd , congrats on another great hunt. http://www.americandetectorist.com/forum/images/smilies/mysmilies/clapping.gifhttp://www.americandetectorist.com/forum/images/smilies/mysmilies/clapping.gif
Thanks Dan, I been getting lucky lately with well preserved coppers. Both coins were deeper than usual cellar hole finds.

The Rebel
WTG Todd! Glad it was only 1 Wasp and not the entire nest.
Thank God Roger:lol:
Thanks Giant, Chief, Kray, Twobit, Bell and Timewarp

Trooper Bri
07-17-2014, 07:03 PM
Fantastic stuff Todd. Can't wait to see the fall reports from you guys!

HEAVYMETALNUT
07-18-2014, 08:04 AM
That is probably the best looking KG I copper I have seen. Nice deep strike :shocked04: That Draped bust is not to shabby either :loveit: But word is getting around in the wasp community that you are an easy kill :hystericallaugh: They travel for miles just to sting you. ;) Great hunt!
awesome hunt partner! and G they don't travel at all they are hunkered down waiting for Todd to come to them

coinnut
07-18-2014, 07:50 PM
Now I know why you hunt with Todd. He draws all the bites his way :lol:

OxShoeDrew
07-20-2014, 02:47 PM
Another great hunt Todd...these guys shouldn't make fun of your stings, they should beehive themselves :hystericallaugh: (sorry)

Digger Don
07-20-2014, 06:57 PM
Those coins are awesome. I can't even imagine digging a coin from the 1700s.
All the relics are cool also.

Isaac
07-21-2014, 12:20 AM
Man you guys find just the COOLEST stuff!!! Love the 1723 Penny... unreal the condition it is in for staying in the ground almost 300 years... Congrats on another stellar day!!! :thumbsup02: