PDA

View Full Version : WesternMA/Northern CT

RobW
07-18-2014, 04:23 PM
Most everyone knows me here...I've been a bit quiet this "season"....Which god knows is NOT like me!....Had a bout with Lyme Disease and torn knee cartilidge, and a new baby...so not having time, and not being able...I haven't hunted much this whole year.:mad:

Well, now that I'm back a bit..I've lost my 2 regular hunting buddies due to schedule conflicts (Al and Tim)
So, I'm looking for a regular hunting partner in the Western MA/northern Ct area...I'm in Westfield, MA

I'm not a newbie, and I've posted some good finds...when people can see then (I bought a new phone..so I have a new camera:rofl:_

But I am looking for someone who is serious about this "lifestyle"

Right now, I'm not fully recovered, so I can't go on long hikes into the woods....yet;)

basically, I need someone to call and harass me to get out...and it gives me an excuse to the wife

I'm only available on the weekends, so Sat/Sun hunts.

Shoot me a PM if interested

Ronandari
07-18-2014, 05:54 PM
Glad you are getting back out Rob, it's tough being on the sidelines I'd like to be your alibi for the wife but I'm in Kentucky. Good luck.

Ron

coinnut
07-18-2014, 07:11 PM
Rob, you are alive, but I'm not buying the line about getting a new camera phone:lol: Glad you are feeling somewhat better. That is good news. I can do a Saturday hunt every once in a while.

RobW
07-21-2014, 08:02 AM
Wow...not everyone at once...LOL

aloldstuff
07-22-2014, 03:51 PM
Let me chime in here. I am one of Rob's past detecting buddies. Due to schedule changes we can no longer hunt together except on some holidays. I also am going in for my second hip replacement in August. I have had a lot of fun hunting with both Rob and Tim, with good finds made by all. So rest assured that your day will not be boring. He is a serious detector and as soon as he heals himself, he will be ready at 5am, might even cook ya breakfast.

Please offer to take pictures of his finds for him.....:lol:

Thiltzy
07-22-2014, 04:38 PM
Don't worry people, Rob doesn't bite... I met him and Al in New Hampshire and I would have to confess they are great people and Rob seems full of enthusiasm. Should be a great hunting partner

RobW
07-23-2014, 07:43 AM
I really appreciate the comments of support....I'm starting to feel like I'm dating again:lol:

OxShoeDrew
07-23-2014, 08:06 AM
I really appreciate the comments of support....I'm starting to feel like I'm dating again:lol:maybe if you posted a picture :lol:

MangoAve
07-23-2014, 08:46 AM
It is possible for me to get out weekends. I am off work on weekends. The gf works on Saturdays so as long as I am not having to get up at 6a every weekend I can be around. I live close to the Mass border, and I have looked for very few places to hunt in MA.

maybe if you posted a picture :lol:

Haha. "You look nothing like the pic on your profile".

Trooper Bri
07-23-2014, 05:13 PM
I didn't jump in only because I've only owned a detector a whopping 2 months, and have no properties or access to offer in exchange yet.

Spending all day in the woods isn't an issue (unless it's a swamp. not geared for that yet), and any hobby I latch onto I tend to get a bit serious with. My closet packed with ice fishing gear is a good example.
Saturday & Sunday are my 2 days off as well. I wont pester you Rob, but if you have no one else to swing with, and don't mind a noob, shoot me a PM. I have 2 cameras if you count my phone. :lol:

RobW
07-29-2014, 07:41 AM
Yo, Troop...just sent you a PM

Trooper Bri
07-29-2014, 05:59 PM
Thankya kindly sir. Back at ya.

del
07-30-2014, 03:01 AM
I really appreciate the comments of support....I'm starting to feel like I'm dating again:lol:

maybe if you posted a picture :lol:

Rob would never get a date then , remember its not that he's unattractive its just that his pictures are so bad and make him out that way :rofl::rofl: "its been a while and we've missed you here Rob" :lol::lol:

give me a call , I'll detect with ya .

RobW
07-30-2014, 07:27 AM
Dan, shoot me a PM with your cell number:callme:

aloldstuff
07-30-2014, 06:42 PM
Well Rob looks like you'll be detecting with someone real soon. Hope to see some posts as I for one really miss your finds. Who ever you hunt with you might want to warn them about the girlie screams.....:lol:

RobW
07-31-2014, 08:10 AM
:rofl:...I only hope I find something worth those girlie screams!!!

MangoAve
07-31-2014, 08:48 AM
:rofl:...I only hope I find something worth those girlie screams!!!

:hystericallaugh: I loved when Al said it. To me it is about finding the good stuff. MDing is exercise and gets me out in the nice weather, but it's the thrill of finds that make me get out. I could always bring the mountain bike out for exercise, fresh air, and being outdoors. The only thing is that MDing usually gives someone to get out with vs biking (which I know someone that does...but only one).