PDA

View Full Version : Saturday's cellar hole group hunt with Dave and Dan*good times*

Thiltzy
07-20-2014, 03:42 PM
Dan, I am glad you changed your mind and decided to join us Saturday. Please tell me how many aspirin you needed to take to soothe the aches and pains of a full day of cellar hole hunting with us:lol:

I couldn't ask for a better day of cellar hole hunting. The weather was perfect with little humidity and no sun to heat things up. Hunting with the two friends I love detecting with was the icing on the cake.

The finds weren't bad either as I got 3 coppers, a fatty Injun and an 1807 half Reale. The 1822 Matron is in nice shape but the two Connecticut coppers are shot. I know one must be an 1785 as it has a bust facing to the right and the other has a bust facing left but barely identifiable as it was found near swampy area. Got another 1 piece eagle button that is also shot and a bunch of buttons. Dave did great considering he was handicapped by his machine and Dan did extremely good as well. I know he was very excited of some particular style buttons that have eluded him for a very long time.

giant056
07-20-2014, 04:12 PM
Wow!!!!!!!!!! super haul you got there Todd :thumbsup02: huge congrats on all them coins and relics!!

.................................................. . :congrats:

kpmoose
07-20-2014, 04:31 PM
Awesome Todd. Amazing how many finds you guys had. :clapping: How far did ya have to hike in for that site?

del
07-20-2014, 04:38 PM
There is the man who had his machine "fine tuned" to coins , you had an awesome day Todd :notworthy:. that large cent is in sweet shape and the reale is very cool , you don't see many after 1800.
that cabin site was loaded with buttons and all i found there were pretty good shape unlike where all the artillery one came from. we all did very well despite the erratic emi and ground mineralization and it seemed to get worse as the day went on. hey again great outing Todd it was a lot of fun and thanks .

hey hows your legs feel today?? believe it of not them ibuprofen help a lot especially the two i took before the long drive home ( didn't feel all stiff and need my walker when i got out of the truck:rofl:).

fsa46
07-20-2014, 04:41 PM
Awesome outing Todd, great finds and a lot of them.

coinnut
07-20-2014, 05:38 PM
Wow! Congrats on all the nice finds Todd! :clapping: Nice Spanish :smitten: There are some CT coppers from 86, 87, & 88 that have the bust facing right. Mostly from Machin Mills but also Atalee, (unlocated) NY, Morristown NJ, so don't write it off just yet! Great hunt.

HEAVYMETALNUT
07-20-2014, 06:54 PM
great hunt partner.that matron came out sweet! very cool on the 1/2 reale.from the sounds of Dan's reply i hope his buttons aren't toasted like mine was

The Rebel
07-20-2014, 08:52 PM
Awesome hunt Todd!

Bell-Two
07-20-2014, 08:58 PM
Man I am running out of superlatives to describe your find! :drool: You guys gent an official done good! :perfect10:

MangoAve
07-21-2014, 06:50 AM
Nice finds. Someone else already mentioned on the Reale, but it is surprising. Amazing on the 1822 cent. It looks so dirty coming out of the ground but had a significant amount of detail. I had a weird one this weekend, but just a regular cent. The front was half covered in this thin black layer. It was able to be broken off using a toothpick, and it revealed all the coin details. It looks like it preserved the front. It was found by a tree, maybe it was sap. No..I'm not saying this is like Jurassic park with coin encased in amber.. lol.

chief5709
07-21-2014, 08:58 AM
yet another great cellar hole hunt :notworthy: How many buttons did the three of you pull out of that cellar hole?

RobW
07-21-2014, 09:20 AM
:shocked03:...wow...that's a lot of great finds!

Skamaniac
07-21-2014, 03:12 PM
That's a load of finds! I sure envy the amount of history you have in that area.

kray
07-21-2014, 04:32 PM
That's a butt load of buttons! Nice coins, too!

Thiltzy
07-21-2014, 05:28 PM
giant056
Wow!!!!!!!!!! super haul you got there Todd :thumbsup02: huge congrats on all them coins and relics!!
Thank you sir...White's Mxt Pro baby!

kpmoose
Awesome Todd. Amazing how many finds you guys had. :clapping: How far did ya have to hike in for that site?
Thanks Kev, I would say the hike was 1 - 1-1/2 miles in.

hey hows your legs feel today?? believe it of not them ibuprofen help a lot especially the two i took before the long drive home ( didn't feel all stiff and need my walker when i got out of the truck:rofl:). Legs were fine Dan and probably much better than yours...lol BTW keen eye on spotting the rock pile site where I got my half reale.

fsa46
Awesome outing Todd, great finds and a lot of them.
Thanks Frank, appreciate it

Wow! Congrats on all the nice finds Todd! :clapping: Nice Spanish :smitten: There are some CT coppers from 86, 87, & 88 that have the bust facing right. Mostly from Machin Mills but also Atalee, (unlocated) NY, Morristown NJ, so don't write it off just yet! Great hunt. Thanks a lot George, my feeling is 1785 but I probably will never know for sure.

HEAVYMETALNUT
great hunt partner.that matron came out sweet! very cool on the 1/2 reale.from the sounds of Dan's reply i hope his buttons aren't toasted like mine was
Some of my buttons were in good shape but some were shot also. I think each site had different soil conditions.

The Rebel
Awesome hunt Todd!
Thanks Roger, my mxt pro was sniffing them out.

Bell-Two
Man I am running out of superlatives to describe your find! :drool: You guys gent an official done good! :perfect10:
LOL Tony, I think you can find some more superlatives.

I had a weird one this weekend, but just a regular cent. The front was half covered in this thin black layer. It was able to be broken off using a toothpick, and it revealed all the coin details. It looks like it preserved the front. It was found by a tree, maybe it was sap. No..I'm not saying this is like Jurassic park with coin encased in amber.. lol. Every coin and every location is different Mango. I have found that some of my better coins came from higher ground where water tends to drain off more and some coins I get under rocks also hold up well. You never know.

chief5709
yet another great cellar hole hunt :notworthy: How many buttons did the three of you pull out of that cellar hole?
thanks chief. I would say between the 3 of us, probably around 60 buttons.

RobW
:shocked03:...wow...that's a lot of great finds!
It sure is Rob, you want some of my buttons? I am running out of brass brushes to clean em all

Skamaniac
That's a load of finds! I sure envy the amount of history you have in that area.
That's why I love this hobby, for the History.

[QUOTE][kray
That's a butt load of buttons! Nice coins, too!
/QUOTE] Thanks Ray, I hope your doing well down there?

Timewarpdigger
07-21-2014, 06:57 PM
Awesome grouping of finds. Congrats. Safe & HH

Lodge Scent
07-22-2014, 07:11 AM
Outstanding! :wow: