PDA

View Full Version : Sat hunt with Roger & Todd * 2 coppers & a barber quarter

HEAVYMETALNUT
07-26-2014, 07:05 PM
Todd & I decided to get together with Roger (Rebel)to a site I found near some sites Roger was familiar with.It was tucked outta the way and we felt we might do well herecame up to the site & it looked nice with plenty of room to swing.I went to put on my White's pro-star headphones & the cradle arm broke.duct tape repair job & we were off swinging. quickly we knew this site had been hit..but they left a few keepers for us.It was also guarded by killer bees again.
a underground yellow jackets nest and one got me in the elbow.
we hadda work for our finds but walking out I had 2 coppers, a V-nickel & some ornate buttons.
Roger wanted to get to a couple other sites he knew of so we made the trek.Rog sat on a yellow jackets nest taking a break on the walk to 1st site.both sites were pretty trashy with junk up to the 1940's scattered all about both sites.I managed a barber Qtr in front of one hole.at 2nd hole i see Roger jumping around near the barn hole with bees swarming.he got it again :rofl: not funny at the time but lookin back ya just gotta laugh.one site had red raspberry bushes everywhere and they were delicious!

Lodge Scent
07-26-2014, 07:23 PM
It's always nice to find a site that will feed you while you are pulling relics and coppers and silvers Dave.;) Other than a minor skirmish with the local yellow jackets, sounds like a great hunt to me!.

OxShoeDrew
07-26-2014, 07:33 PM
Yeah, I'm with Jeff, another great hunt! Did you already renwax before posting?

HEAVYMETALNUT
07-26-2014, 07:43 PM
Yeah, I'm with Jeff, another great hunt! Did you already renwax before posting?
yep i rens waxed the coins.hardly cleaned em

MangoAve
07-26-2014, 09:38 PM
George ii? Nice finds. Haven't encountered bees yet. I was eating the black raspberries near the end of maromas trip and they were both asking each other if they knew cpr. Lol. I knew what I was eating.

BTV Digger
07-26-2014, 10:20 PM
Nice job Dave. Man I hate those stingers. Once I was detecting away, looking at the ground and almost head-whacked a hornet's nest about 5 ft off the ground. I was 2 seconds from disaster! Anyway, great finds. By the way, do you use the Renwax on items other than coins? Buttons for example?

John

Timewarpdigger
07-26-2014, 10:48 PM
Awesome finds congrats. Hope all heal well. Safe & HH

HEAVYMETALNUT
07-26-2014, 10:53 PM
Nice job Dave. Man I hate those stingers. Once I was detecting away, looking at the ground and almost head-whacked a hornet's nest about 5 ft off the ground. I was 2 seconds from disaster! Anyway, great finds. By the way, do you use the Renwax on items other than coins? Buttons for example?

John
thanks John! i use it on my shoe buckles.i have on a few buttons

HEAVYMETALNUT
07-26-2014, 10:57 PM
George ii? Nice finds. Haven't encountered bees yet. I was eating the black raspberries near the end of maromas trip and they were both asking each other if they knew cpr. Lol. I knew what I was eating.
lol thanks!

Digger Don
07-27-2014, 12:10 AM
Wow, no favorites today. They are all great finds. Copper, Silver & Raspberries. What else could you ask for.

del
07-27-2014, 02:12 AM
.It was also guarded by killer bees again.
a underground yellow jackets nest and one got me in the elbow.
Rog sat on a yellow jackets nest taking a break on the walk to 1st site.at 2nd hole i see Roger jumping around near the barn hole with bees swarming.he got it again :rofl: not funny at the time but lookin back ya just gotta laugh.

how come I miss all the really fun entertaining hunts with you guys :rofl: seriously I hope you guys are all ok from the insects . Congrats on the coppers and silver Dave .

The Rebel
07-27-2014, 08:20 AM
Well Dave, we sure had a fun day considering the local residents. Glad Todd was the lucky one today.

When I got home a squished one was up my pants leg, so that's how it got me. I guess I've been pretty lucky for the past 5 years to not get zapped.

Nice finds! that LC really cleaned up nicely, seems I just couldn't get my coil over many good targets. Gonna play around with the Relic settings like you suggested.

We'll have to do it again but ONLY in the winter when the bees are sleeping :rofl:

Bell-Two
07-27-2014, 08:39 AM
That was a great hunt lots of nice coins and relics but....those raspberries look like the best find umm umm ooh! :drool:

The Rebel
07-27-2014, 11:37 AM
those raspberries look like the best find umm umm ooh! :drool:

You should have seen the feeding frenzy. I think once they saw those tecting took a back seat.:rofl: