PDA

View Full Version : Passed the $200 mark at my best spot

z118
06-11-2010, 09:17 PM
Got out tonight for a nice 2+ hour evening hunt. Headed to my favorite spot, a place I've been hunting for 3 years now. No less than a half dozen times I've thought to myself that I've hunted it out at least enough so that the finds are too few to be worth it. But every time I've proved myself wrong. Tonight was one of those times - 75 coins total worth $10.49. No keepers or real interesting finds though I did get three $1 coins all in one spot on the surface. I also dug fewer pennies than any other coin (other than the dollars) which is unusual for having dug this many coins. Makes up for the other hunts where I dig mostly pennies. Total now from this one location (a school) is 2,165 coins worth $204.02. This was my 44th hunt there.

It was a nice evening, and I saw a slew of whistle pigs (groundhogs) and a deer. I just love getting out. Sadly I won't be able to get out tomorrow, but I'm hoping for good luck on Sunday.

Happy hunting...

xzlr8n
06-11-2010, 09:27 PM
That school sure has provided you a lot targets. If not richer you are certainly more the wiser for it thumbsup01. Nice 300 penny pick up with the three Golden dollars. I hope they stop making worthless zincolins and paper dollars and people have to start using them Golden dollars by the pocketful. Twenty years from now MD'ers would be raking in big bucks. I digress, anyway big CONGRATS to you on your $200 milestone thumbsup01 thumbsup01.

Ill Digger
06-11-2010, 09:28 PM
3 coins ,3 buck!! Sweet !!
Don't ya wish that happened more often :yes:
$200 bucks from one site ? Thats awesome!!
I'd say thats your &quot:daydream:l' Faithful :yes:
Congrats on the benchmark :grin:

angellionel
06-12-2010, 09:00 AM
Nice pile of loot there, Z! thumbsup01 Digging over 2k coins from just that one school site is amazing. Kids sure do lose a lot of pocket change. lol Just imagine if the types of coins consistently lost were the dollar ones. :cheesysmile:

coinnut
06-12-2010, 03:51 PM
Yep, dump the 1 dollar and 5 dollar bills, and make them into coins for the kiddies to lose lol It's nice to know that this hobby can pay off your equipment if you want it to :yes: Nice haul and a nicespot. The neighbors have seen you there so many times, they probably think you work for the school department and are trimming the grass. rofl

Epi-hunter
06-12-2010, 07:58 PM
Wow z. I can't believe, over 2k coins from just that site! Just thinking about that wears me out! Congrats!

And THREE dollar coins from one site/one hunt? I didn't think anyone ever carried those anymore, let alone three of them being lost at the same site. I have only ever found two of them, but they are fun finds. Much better than memorial pennies :)

tanacat
06-12-2010, 08:40 PM
That's really cool you've kept track of # of coins at an individual place-never thought to do that. 2,165 is amazing! Just curious if elementary, high school, college?

leslie(nova scotia)
06-13-2010, 04:10 AM
From the land of the Bluenose....wowzer thats great. One of the subjects at that school should at that school should be sewing holes in pockets 101! :clapping:

tanacat
06-13-2010, 05:33 PM
One of the subjects at that school should at that school should be sewing holes in pockets 101! :clapping:

lol lol lol good one leslie

z118
06-14-2010, 09:22 AM
That's really cool you've kept track of # of coins at an individual place-never thought to do that. 2,165 is amazing! Just curious if elementary, high school, college?

It's an elementary school... in fact, almost all of my best hunting spots are!

And THREE dollar coins from one site/one hunt? I didn't think anyone ever carried those anymore, let alone three of them being lost at the same site. I have only ever found two of them, but they are fun finds. Much better than memorial pennies :)

I think the dollar coins are picking up in popularity and use. At least I keep finding more of them as a percent from year to year. I dug 14 total last year and 10 so far this year!

Thanks for the replies all!