PDA

View Full Version : Dirt+chips stuff

Cheap Thrills
06-11-2010, 10:43 PM
Here's some of the more exciting lol stuff from the last couple of dirt and wood chip hunts .
The older appearing snake buckle , the 2 wheats ( 35s,47s ) ,the toilet seat bolt and the blue racing car were dirt digs and the rest were wood chip finds . Dug some clad too . The ring is junk
and the made in Italy religious medallion looks ok but I don't think it's gold or silver . Also pictured
a Mexican 50 centavo coin , a San Francisco Pier 39 Sea lion token from the Riptide Arcade and a couple of eyeballed marbles . The silver coin drought continues .

angellionel
06-12-2010, 09:16 AM
Here's some of the more exciting lol stuff from the last couple of dirt and wood chip hunts .
The older appearing snake buckle , the 2 wheats ( 35s,47s ) ,the toilet seat bolt and the blue racing car were dirt digs and the rest were wood chip finds . Dug some clad too . The ring is junk
and the made in Italy religious medallion looks ok but I don't think it's gold or silver . Also pictured
a Mexican 50 centavo coin , a San Francisco Pier 39 Sea lion token from the Riptide Arcade and a couple of eyeballed marbles . The silver coin drought continues .

Just getting out the door with the detector in hand is exciting. lol You just never know what will come out of the ground. :grin: Those wood chips do provide many surprises at times, often of the golden type, but those two old wheat cents are nice surprises too. thumbsup01

coinnut
06-12-2010, 03:46 PM
That snake buckle is really cool. Can't even guess to its age lol The silver will come, just not soon enough :-\ Even though some hunts aren't as good as the others, it's always nice to get out!!

SeabeeRon
06-12-2010, 04:38 PM
Nice little hunt Sheik!! 8)

Epi-hunter
06-12-2010, 07:39 PM
Nice hunt Sheik, and you definitely have a nice old site there. I like the belt buckle! Worth hitting again... you never know.

leslie(nova scotia)
06-13-2010, 04:13 AM
From the land of the Bluenose.....nice assortment of finds in the tot lot. Love the dinkies....vintage ones a t that. Keep on a digging youz! :peace:

Cheap Thrills
06-13-2010, 12:05 PM
Nice hunt Sheik, and you definitely have a nice old site there. I like the belt buckle! Worth hitting again... you never know.

Thanks all for looking and checking out Yerbooty's booty ( booty as in treasure ,I don't want to Sheik anybody up) . lol

Angie , the areas around here have been pounded for years especially the park where I did the digging this time . One of the local legends who lives VERY close to it had been hitting it for at least 30 yrs ( I believe he has given up on it) . I have heard ( from his hunting partner) this person has buckets of silver coins and jewelry from his many years of detecting . I have hunted with him a few times and the guy is like a machine . He was also the first guy around here to start using an Explorer . He kind of let the cat out of the bag and started telling everyone about how great the Explorer was and before long everyone and his brother had one and silver became REAL scarce . He has since regretted bragging about his Explorer crying01 . I was surprised to find what I did there . I was hunting 2 tiny spots ( not the lawns ) that I figured may have not had that much hunting pressure .YES , I will be hitting it again and soon . Hopefully one of my nearby competitors hasn't read this post . He watches my and everyone's every move and then moves in for the kill :bop: :blackeye: and he's quite good . :crying02:

HEAVYMETALNUT
06-13-2010, 01:38 PM
nice finds! i'm likin that snake buckle.pretty unique!