PDA

View Full Version : Our Saturday colonial hunt

coinnut
06-12-2010, 04:25 PM
Well this is the day Del and I always dread, the official colonial start of summer lol Not by any calander mind you, but by the twisted fate of the detecting Gods. In other words, our finds dwindle :crying02: We both struggled for most of the day and I know after the first 5 hours I only had 2 buttons to show for it. We hit some sites that were so wiped out of non ferrous targets, that I have to think some detecting club has been there for years :confused: Finally we went to one of Del's trusted coin sites and I squeaked out one lone coin ;) It was a tough day, but better than work rofl

angellionel
06-12-2010, 05:41 PM
Ah! A flying eagle cent. Nice! thumbsup01 Can you make out a date? :confused: The rain today, as well as other things I needed to catch up on, kept my detector parked. The rain sure didn't stop you guys though. lol Not as many finds as you would like, but it still must have been great to get out. :yes:

Epi-hunter
06-12-2010, 07:43 PM
You squeaked out one lone coin... a flying eagle cent?!? :loveit: We need to have a talk George lol Do you know that would make my day, week, maybe even month, and you are complaining lol

Even if the finds were few and far between, still a very nice hunt. :) And I guess from what Angel said, you had to brave the rain too. :)

HEAVYMETALNUT
06-12-2010, 08:57 PM
nice flyin eagle! :peace: our hunt didn't fare any better.a pouchful of junk,a few wheaties and get this... a 2000-P sacewhatever dollar.no plating left and thought for it was a large cent seeing it in hole :mad: rang up solid qtr :bangahead01:

coinnut
06-12-2010, 10:09 PM
Ah! A flying eagle cent. Nice! thumbsup01 Can you make out a date?

As usual my coins are toast lol I believe it's the rare no date Flying Eagle Cent ;)

You squeaked out one lone coin... a flying eagle cent?!? :loveit: We need to have a talk George lol

Yes we do need to talk, you have to stop settling for Zincolns and get them gold coins lol Shoot big!! ;)

get this... a 2000-P sacewhatever dollar.no plating left and thought for it was a large cent seeing it in hole :mad: rang up solid qtr :bangahead01:

rofl rofl rofl Sorry Dave :poke: :poke: I hate then kind of holes when you get all excited and the moment arives and you finally figure out it ain't what you thought it was :ticked: But at least we got to hunt today. :clapping:

Cheap Thrills
06-12-2010, 10:51 PM
Nice squeaking !! 8)

Ill Digger
06-13-2010, 12:48 AM
>:\ Way to tough it out thumbsup01
I'm with Angie on this one :yes: I'd still be squeaking if I found one of those <:
Congrats :grin:

John M
06-13-2010, 06:11 AM
Nice flyer George.Really productive sites are hard to come across now.Does look like the dog days are starting to settle in and the darn vegetation is growing.

del
06-14-2010, 05:54 AM
hey i told you that was a flying eagle cent :yes: ;) , jeez the more you rubbed it the more it looked like something else lol lol . whats the words on the cufflink say or how about a close-up picture to better see it .pretty strange suspender clip huh :thinkingabout: :thinkingabout: i was really disappointed about the first two sites :bangahead01: :bangahead01: George wi'll have to do better next week. my musket ball and oxknob were the highlights of my day :crying02: lol lol

oh , i did find something worth showing after all George , can you see it in the first picture :thinkingabout: :thinkingabout:

no :eyebrow: well heres a picture of it out of its hiding place . did i mention you seem to leave your junk in my jeep. lol lol hey i'm glad you didn't lose it out in the woods <:

sjv
06-14-2010, 06:57 AM
Hey guys! Was It a long walk? remember the day we walked over a mile and I found a 1827 Large Cent and then near the truck u and Chris found most of your finds. Maybe you should re-visit some of the closer spots (hint, hint). When are you gonna take me up on the spot I picked out , it's Maybe 1/4 mile walk to the old bridge. The spot where the Gypsies camped back in the day and where there was a big millsite. Got maps and discription of the land, lots of area to cover. Let me know when your ready. It's in a town we have been to before. Must of missed it somehow. :peace: I can follow you guys and leave when my body gives out.

coinnut
06-14-2010, 07:59 PM
oh , i did find something worth showing after all George , can you see it in the first picture :thinkingabout: :thinkingabout:

no :eyebrow: well heres a picture of it out of its hiding place . did i mention you seem to leave your junk in my jeep. lol lol hey i'm glad you didn't lose it out in the woods <:

Oh man.... Dan I just had my wife convinced that I needed a new Garmin and that $500.00 dollars was reasonable!! lol Now I gotta use the old dog :shocked01: I just resurrected my old Magellan and it fired up. lol Glad I didn't lose it after all. That wasn't nice of you to take it out of my pouch and hide it there :bop: :bop: But thanks for giving it back :beerbuddy:

del
06-14-2010, 08:12 PM
Oh man.... Dan I just had my wife convinced that I needed a new Garmin and that $500.00 dollars was reasonable!! lol Now I gotta use the old dog :shocked01: I just resurrected my old Magellan and it fired up. lol Glad I didn't lose it after all. That wasn't nice of you to take it out of my pouch and hide it there :bop: :bop: But thanks for giving it back :beerbuddy:

lol lol if i was your wife :shocked04: :shocked04:stretcher: you'd be wearing that gps from the hook-latch and it wouldn't be attached to any of your clothes or pouch either if you get my meaning there tiny lol rofl :tongue:
i bet it fell out of your pouch when you kept it on for the short across the street travel from the pond.

HEAVYMETALNUT
06-16-2010, 08:46 PM
lol holy crap! and i spent 6 hours the other day lookin for it in the woods :bangahead01: G your gonna get it! :behave: :boxing:
glad ya found it Dan.what we gonna do with that hippie? he loses everything! :beatdown:

del
06-17-2010, 02:34 AM
lol holy crap! and i spent 6 hours the other day lookin for it in the woods :bangahead01: G your gonna get it! :behave: :boxing:
glad ya found it Dan.what we gonna do with that hippie? he loses everything! :beatdown:

i say we pierce his nose with a big hoop and latch it to George's face , he might notice exactly when it gets lost then lol rofl rofl

HEAVYMETALNUT
06-17-2010, 05:24 AM
shaking my head ....i don't know about this dude Dan.i think he did it on purpose to get one over on Beth :interesting: and YOU spoiled his parade rofl

coinnut
06-17-2010, 03:29 PM
I want my new GPS :ticked: The only peircing that is gonna be happening is Del's eyes, for finding it lol Now I'll have to lose it better. ;) Dave, you didn't find anything else looking for my GPS?? I thought you were good with that antique mine detector rofl Thanks for both of your guys efforts though :beerbuddy: