PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Hunt with BruceT & Tony Two-Cent

Digger Don
08-03-2014, 09:57 PM
Tony Two-Cent, DiggerAl and I were invited down to hunt a few parks in BruceT's hometown. We hit three parks. The first one, I managed just one Wheatie. The second one, I dug a 1945 Merc and a rifle shell casing. It still amazes me how many shotgun shells & shell casings I find in public Parks. The third, 2 more Wheats. Not my most productive day but any day with silver is a great day. Thanks to BruceT for showing us around his town and buying us lunch. We had a great time. Tony, as always a pleasure.

On the way home, I stopped at one more park that had a mound of dirt about 100 yards long. It looked like they just dug up a water line. I just got finished going down one side and back up the other when a guy pulls up on an ATV and tells me that they don't allow metal detecting in their parks. I apologized, packed up my gear and left. With a 1953 Rosie and 1 more wheat in my pocket. The mound was much longer than the photo shows, I took it as I was driving away.
All in All, Another great day hunting with my Son & friends.

Nesdore
08-03-2014, 10:14 PM
Wow Don that Mercury dime has very nice detail great finds:congrats:.... I've been on a two week drought with no silver but just gotta keep swinging :detecting:HH

aloldstuff
08-04-2014, 05:50 AM
Nice hunting and finds. No metal detecting but they allow ATV's????? Actually the replacing of the water pipe did more damage than you did. But rules are rules......

:congrats:

MangoAve
08-04-2014, 06:19 AM
Great finds. I agree with Al about the ATV and the water pipe... and with MDing we put the grass back so it doesn't need re-seeding like a water pipe replacement does. Most of the time here it's opposite. Most parks don't have any restriction on MDing (tho some do) yet almost every park I have been to say either no motor vehicle allowed or past this point.

Timewarpdigger
08-04-2014, 07:44 PM
Congrats on the double silver day. Nice. Safe & HH

wisconsin digger
08-04-2014, 07:57 PM
Nice hunt, silvers always nice. WD

Tony Two-Cent
08-04-2014, 08:42 PM
Congrats again on your Merc, Don! It was the only 90% silver coin of the day. And you got another silver dime on the way home! It was a pleasure hunting with you and Alec, as always.

:perfect10:

Jim D
08-05-2014, 11:34 PM
Sounds like you guys had a great time detecting togather!:thumbsup01: Congrats on the 45 merc and the rosie! HH

giant056
08-09-2014, 02:38 PM
Great score on them silvers Don :thumbsup02:

PL8MAN
08-09-2014, 09:03 PM
Sweet silver !

coinnut
08-10-2014, 04:19 PM
Congrats on the silver and unfortunately, more and more public places are off limits. I almost want to ask the next elected official his or her stance on metal detecting :lol: Make it a public issue ;) Some of those shell casings may come in with fill dirt.