PDA

View Full Version : How's the soil in Central CT?

Isaac
08-04-2014, 01:22 PM
Heading to Central CT for vacation in a couple weeks, and wanted to know the conditions of the soil. If it's bone dry like around here in Virginia... I'm going to cry. :girlcry:

MangoAve
08-04-2014, 01:43 PM
For vacation? Do you have family here? Lol. Just the lack of large tourist attractions here...

The soil is ok. It's a little wet right now due to a fair amount of rain here recently. Wooded areas tend not to get dry, but fields and parks can get a little dry with lack of rain. I'm not quite Al Roker to predect future weather. The soil is not friendly to any copper here. Silver isn't (or barely) affected.

del
08-04-2014, 01:56 PM
Hey Issac we have been experiencing an unusually wet summer so far , so there is no complaining from me .hey as soon as you know your schedule let us know and we might be able to get a few cellar hunters together an treat you to a hunt and do our best to get you to find that 1700's era coin.

P.s. try not to leave any treasure out here before you leave .;)

Isaac
08-04-2014, 03:50 PM
For vacation? Do you have family here? Lol. Just the lack of large tourist attractions here...

The soil is ok. It's a little wet right now due to a fair amount of rain here recently. Wooded areas tend not to get dry, but fields and parks can get a little dry with lack of rain. I'm not quite Al Roker to predect future weather. The soil is not friendly to any copper here. Silver isn't (or barely) affected.

I'm glad that the soil is nice and wet! Great for detecting! Also, yeah... not much there in the way of attractions but I have family up here so I am able to come three time a year.

Hey Issac we have been experiencing an unusually wet summer so far , so there is no complaining from me .hey as soon as you know your schedule let us know and we might be able to get a few cellar hunters together an treat you to a hunt and do our best to get you to find that 1700's era coin.

P.s. try not to leave any treasure out here before you leave .;)

It's great that it's been wet up there... makes for easy digging! I'd LOVE to come along and hunt with you... it's been a dream for me to hunt one of these old colonial foundations!!! Thanks for the invite... if you allow can I bring my friend Sam with me as well? He just registered on here and he's coming to CT with me later this month. This sounds like a wonderful opportunity, thanks again!!!

del
08-04-2014, 03:59 PM
Thanks for the invite... if you allow can I bring my friend Sam with me as well? He just registered on here and he's coming to CT with me later this month. This sounds like a wonderful opportunity, thanks again!!!

Sure Sam is welcomed to join us as well Isaac

Moresound
08-04-2014, 07:21 PM
It's just like the soil anywhere else.
A few inches down and the world is paved in pull tabs and zinc pennies.
:happy: