PDA

View Full Version : New to forum

Sam
08-04-2014, 04:34 PM
Hello everyone, I'm Sam and I'm 14 years old from Southern Massachusetts. I'm new to detecting and have been detecting for around a year and a half, I do like to consider myself very dedicated to the hobby though.

I have managed a few good finds from a local cellar hole and some local parks, and even though I don't get out very often I'm always looking for new spots to hunt.

Here are some of the things I've found.

Digger Don
08-04-2014, 04:41 PM
Hello and Welcome to the forum. You have found some awesome coins. What kind of Detector are you using ?
Great job.

Isaac
08-04-2014, 05:49 PM
Hey Sam... welcome to the forum. That Liberty Cap Large Cent is incredible! :shocked04:

See you in a couple weeks!

coinnut
08-04-2014, 07:09 PM
Sam some beautiful finds there :clapping: I started detecting a little earlier than you did. Believe me you are hooked :lol: Congratulations and welcome aboard :thumbsup01:

del
08-04-2014, 07:47 PM
Hello Sam , its great to see some more "young bucks" into this hobby :cheering: It looks like you found a nice area to detect , those are some stellar finds :clapping::clapping:.
Welcome to the forum!!

Dan

coinnut
08-04-2014, 08:24 PM
Hey Sam is that a Russian 1812 2 Kopeks copper?? Also I'm taking a stab at your dateless Liberty Cap and saying it is a Gardner Liberty Cap and maybe a 1795. Basing that on the very flattened top of the cap, the distance from the hair to the letter R in Liberty and on the shape of the pointy bust by the cap pole end. Hopefully either of the Don's can chime in. I'm not betting the house on it:lol: but I will bet someone with real knowledge of large cents could tell you what variety it is. I'm assuming the back side is shot?

Tony Two-Cent
08-04-2014, 08:46 PM
Welcome to the forum, Sam! :waving:

Wow, you have found some really amazing coins! I would be dedicated to the hobby too if I had found oldies like that!
I can only dream of finding a Liberty Cap here in Illinois. :smitten:

Glad you could join us, and we will be looking forward to your future finds. :yes:

Paul Digs
08-04-2014, 10:11 PM
Welcome Sam!

Sam
08-04-2014, 10:14 PM
Hello Sam , its great to see some more "young bucks" into this hobby :cheering: It looks like you found a nice area to detect , those are some stellar finds :clapping::clapping:.
Welcome to the forum!!

Dan

Thanks Dan! Good luck to you in the future!

Hey Sam is that a Russian 1812 2 Kopeks copper?? Also I'm taking a stab at your dateless Liberty Cap and saying it is a Gardner Liberty Cap and maybe a 1795. Basing that on the very flattened top of the cap, the distance from the hair to the letter R in Liberty and on the shape of the pointy bust by the cap pole end. Hopefully either of the Don's can chime in. I'm not betting the house on it:lol: but I will bet someone with real knowledge of large cents could tell you what variety it is. I'm assuming the back side is shot?

Yes that is a 1812 Russian 2 Kopek Copper, and thanks for the possible information on the liberty cap, I myself am not very experienced on varieties and have never heard of a Gardner Liberty Cap but thank you! And yes unfortunately there is nothing left of the back.

Welcome to the forum, Sam! :waving:

Wow, you have found some really amazing coins! I would be dedicated to the hobby too if I had found oldies like that!
I can only dream of finding a Liberty Cap here in Illinois. :smitten:

Glad you could join us, and we will be looking forward to your future finds. :yes:

Thanks Tony! I watch your videos on YouTube all the time and just saw the video you uploaded today a few minutes ago.

Sam
08-04-2014, 10:17 PM
Welcome Sam!

Thanks!

Sam some beautiful finds there :clapping: I started detecting a little earlier than you did. Believe me you are hooked :lol: Congratulations and welcome aboard :thumbsup01:

Thanks so much!

Hey Sam... welcome to the forum. That Liberty Cap Large Cent is incredible! :shocked04:

See you in a couple weeks!

Thanks Isaac! :)

Looking forward to hunting with you in Connecticut!

Sam
08-04-2014, 10:20 PM
Thanks!

I am currently using the Garrett AT Pro.

aloldstuff
08-05-2014, 05:53 AM
WOW.....welcome to the forum from western MA. Some great finds and looking forward to your future posts.

giant056
08-05-2014, 06:28 AM
Welcome to the forum from Kalamazoo :thumbsup02: you've been making some fantastic finds for sure!!!

Robbie
08-05-2014, 07:23 AM
Hey Sam ,welcome to the forum from central Maryland. I started collecting coins when I was 7yrs old. Got me a radio shack detector when I was 10 and got board with it. If I had only stuck it out ,I can only wonder my collection today. I got back into detecting in March 2011 with a Bounty hunter and have found some amazing stuff which have gotten me back into my collection. It`s good to see a young buck. Keep it up.

Sam
08-05-2014, 11:05 AM
WOW.....welcome to the forum from western MA. Some great finds and looking forward to your future posts.

Thanks so much!

Welcome to the forum from Kalamazoo :thumbsup02: you've been making some fantastic finds for sure!!!

Thanks!!

Hey Sam ,welcome to the forum from central Maryland. I started collecting coins when I was 7yrs old. Got me a radio shack detector when I was 10 and got board with it. If I had only stuck it out ,I can only wonder my collection today. I got back into detecting in March 2011 with a Bounty hunter and have found some amazing stuff which have gotten me back into my collection. It`s good to see a young buck. Keep it up.

Thanks! Good luck to you in the future!

Full Metal Digger
08-05-2014, 11:14 AM
welcome Sam! we are glad to have you join and look forward to seeing what other treasures you will find in the future. HH, Dave.

Sam
08-05-2014, 01:24 PM
welcome Sam! we are glad to have you join and look forward to seeing what other treasures you will find in the future. HH, Dave.

Thanks! I've seen all your videos on YouTube!

BTV Digger
08-05-2014, 02:42 PM
Welcome to the forum Sam and great to see your interest in the hobby. Excellent set of finds you have there!

John

Sam
08-05-2014, 02:58 PM
Welcome to the forum Sam and great to see your interest in the hobby. Excellent set of finds you have there!

John

Thanks BTV Digger! Good luck in the future.

Nesdore
08-06-2014, 10:39 PM
Hello from Ohio :wow:you have some great finds :clapping: look forward to seeing more Good luck and HH

Timewarpdigger
08-07-2014, 07:02 PM
Welcome and best of luck. I can see you have been having some good luck so far. Safe & HH

Skamaniac
08-08-2014, 12:44 AM
hello from Washington state. You've found some things I'd flip out over if I'd find one! Congratulations on some super finds.