PDA

View Full Version : I found me a Mercedes-Benz 540k

MangoAve
08-07-2014, 07:35 AM
There is a house near the town green which we were able to hit yesterday. After work I headed down. We started in in the back field which was freshly plowed but there wasn't much luck in the coin department. Near the border of the field there were a few hits, but it seemed like 20 feet into the field my detector became silent. I put it into the all metal mode and that explained why. I was getting iron hits left and right. I have yet to figure out what each of the four levels or iron correlate to. There was a small tank found in the field. We moved to the back yard where there was a few giant old trees. The luck was changing, but only clad. I did my rows. When I got to the sandy aread under the smaller trees I started getting some hits. First was the front piece of a toy truck. Then a few swings later a toy jeep. Next was a toy Mercedes-Benz 540K. Then a Vette Van. Then I pulled up a yellow Ferrari. Not 5 feet later I pull up the same yellow Ferrari. I think I am now past Giant's quota for the year in toy car finds. :lol: Later I hit a hole and thought it was another quarter, but since it was deeper I thought it possibly could be silver. Turns out just a rectangular piece of metal, BUT I was able to find it in the same hole as 6 iron nails!! Take that George!! :lol: It was getting dark so we packed up. There was a 1918 Remington UMC shell found and a spoon.

OxShoeDrew
08-07-2014, 08:32 AM
Wow a Hot Wheels spill! :cheesysmile: I don't recall ever finding one. I loved those things as a kid.

Trooper Bri
08-07-2014, 06:29 PM
Congrats on your dirty dealership! :lol:

Your pointy item on the left looks like the tip to a propane (or some other gas) heated soldering iron.

Bell-Two
08-07-2014, 06:41 PM
Ah reminds me of Janis Joplin "Oh Lord send me a Mercedes-Benz all my friends have Porsches I must make amends"! :lolsign:

Timewarpdigger
08-07-2014, 07:22 PM
Always like to find toy cars and planes. Congrats for the finds. Safe & HH

giant056
08-08-2014, 01:15 AM
I always enjoy finding the toy too :thumbsup02:

MangoAve
08-08-2014, 06:37 AM
I swear it has only 50K miles and one previous owner. :grin::lol:

They ring up like solid copper pennies or dimes. I just thought it was hilarious I was just finding the same things over and over, and literally two sequential digs were the same toy. I think the oldest said 1979. The odd thing I was mentioning the sniff mode on the machine before we got started (which I have never used this mode). I didnt have to use that mode to find the same type of thing. Bri, maybe you are right on the soldering iron tip. The bigger tips are flatterand look more like a screwdriver shape. The holes in the side allowed there to be a flame. I was thinking industrial size screw head for a huge drill press once it was mentioned about screw driver. Lucky I'm not asking what the piece next to it is.. :lol: Thanks all.

Skamaniac
08-08-2014, 04:30 PM
Nice little parking garage you uncovered there. :)