PDA

View Full Version : another long day hiking to cellar holes*KGIII & a few buttons

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-09-2014, 09:23 PM
Todd & me decided to make the trek to a cellar hole that was land locked between 2 highways.got there,all we could see was the barn and grain silo base.the barn looked old but they added cement to the open end of the barn making it 4 walls now.the site was so overgrown,had a blue tarp and grill parts in it like somebody camped there.junky around barn and got out of there pretty quickly.went to a area that had a cellar hole we hit before but decided to go down the road further and stumbled onto 2 more sites.I nabbed a KGIII , a few buttons,a musketball and 2 suspender buckles.Todd did very well and was glad he had a great day.12 hours of detecting & this is all i have to show for it

kpmoose
08-09-2014, 09:46 PM
I know the qty of finds may not be up to your expectations or hopes for 12 hrs of hunting, but I'd take it any day. You & Todd seem to find KG's quite frequently. That is #1 on my list right now. Looking forward to Todd's post. You guys must be beat after 12 hrs in the field. Nice work.

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-09-2014, 10:59 PM
I know the qty of finds may not be up to your expectations or hopes for 12 hrs of hunting, but I'd take it any day. You & Todd seem to find KG's quite frequently. That is #1 on my list right now. Looking forward to Todd's post. You guys must be beat after 12 hrs in the field. Nice work.
thanks kev! yeah been a long day.i'm off to bed ZZZzzzzz.......................................... .....................................

Bell-Two
08-10-2014, 06:17 AM
What nice detail on that Georgie lovely buttons too!

del
08-10-2014, 01:09 PM
the copper looks like a counterfeit but it looks be a British one and not one from here in the colonies but its in very nice condition Dave .

Skamaniac
08-10-2014, 01:52 PM
Those are some pretty nice finds in my book. (Of course, the east coast and west coast have different books. :)) Too bad the first site was so trashed.

coinnut
08-10-2014, 03:59 PM
Pretty decent KG III Dave :thumbsup01: Long days wipe you out :lol: But it's still beats sitting home. Sounds like a great place for a homeless person to live. Almost no one would stop between two highways to find his house....except you two ;) Weather has been great too lately.

Trooper Bri
08-10-2014, 06:40 PM
I think you guys could find KGs in a kids playscape. Good stuff HMN.

Lodge Scent
08-10-2014, 08:31 PM
Nice looking Georgie!

Timewarpdigger
08-11-2014, 08:04 PM
Congrats for the finds. Like the butterfly!!!!! Safe & HH

aloldstuff
08-13-2014, 06:24 AM
Dave, another KG to add to the collection plus some buttons and is that an ox knob??? Don't know if I could last out there in the wilderness for 12 hours. :thumbsup02: on your keepers.

The Rebel
08-13-2014, 02:25 PM
Nice saves Dave. It's always a good day when digging Colonial goodies.

Tennessee digger
08-13-2014, 02:57 PM
Love your finds. The 2 buckles are nice and look to be pre 1870's. Do they have a patent date on them? Tennessee digger