PDA

View Full Version : Garrett GTA 1000

whammy
08-11-2014, 01:26 PM
Hi folks. I don't know if this is the right spot to ask this, but I'll give it a try. I have come into possession of a Garrettes GTA 1000. It powers up and seems to work. Being a Whites person, I know nothing about this detector. Would any of you know if its a good one, how old, and if I decide to sell it, how much do you think it might be worth. Thanks in advance for your input.

del
08-11-2014, 07:37 PM
Whammy , I know very little about the machine but I think it was released in the early 1990's sometime and cost more than a few hundred dollars back then. it had a unique feature that would cancel out the first few inches of depth (don't know how well that worked) to supposedly find the deeper targets. the GTA 1250 and 1350 greatly out preformed this machine when they came out . I still see them go on ebay for a couple hundred of dollars from time to time. sorry i couldn't be more help.

Dan

whammy
08-12-2014, 08:03 AM
Thank you Dan. I had no idea what I had. Think I'll give it to the kids to play with so they leave my detectors alone.

Jean
04-04-2015, 06:41 PM
Hello Whammy;
I also have a Garrett Ultra GTA1000 have had it for a few years.I also have a 8" coil and a 10" coil for it,have used it for coin shotting in parks and yard found it to be a good machine,a little heavy with a 10" coil so I purchased the ACE350 as it is lighter and much easier to use for long periods of time MD. The 1000 is still in my opinion a good machine . Best of luck to you in your MD hobby.