PDA

View Full Version : Fast & Furious....

Ill Digger
08-11-2014, 10:37 PM
.... well at least that's how the hunt started out. :lol:
I had a whole day to myself Sunday to do a little MDing! So went to an old school site were a lot of dirt has been moved around. I knew it'd been hit hard by a lot of other detectorists. But I ain't scared :eyebrow: :lol:
I turned on the ET and made a few swings and BAM! Shallow penny signal... a wheatie! :thumbsup01: Maybe two steps away.... BAM another shallow penny signal. Only this time....silver baby!! A 1905 Barber dime, less that a inch deep! :shocked04: Then.... a 6 inch deep quarter signal!! You can imagine whats going through the brain at this moment. :drool: :daydream: :drool: All for nothin. A 1976. :hairpulling:

I hunted for around 5 hours. As the day went along I managed a handful more wheats. But no more silver. :disgusted:

Here's the keeper coins for the day.
http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx310/IllDigger/IMG_20140811_200829_zpskmlciqs0.jpg (http://s766.photobucket.com/user/IllDigger/media/IMG_20140811_200829_zpskmlciqs0.jpg.html)

And the "other stuff" ...
http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx310/IllDigger/IMG_20140811_201215_zpsenuawcby.jpg (http://s766.photobucket.com/user/IllDigger/media/IMG_20140811_201215_zpsenuawcby.jpg.html)

No banner day. But no SDHOS either!! :yahoo:

Thanks for lookin'!!
GL & HH :peace:

Digger Don
08-11-2014, 10:55 PM
I would call that a good day. 5 hours of enjoyment, a bunch of Wheats and Old Silver. Even though it's a bit beat up, got to love those old tokens.
Great Job Tim.

Ill Digger
08-11-2014, 11:02 PM
I would call that a good day. 5 hours of enjoyment, a bunch of Wheats and Old Silver. Even though it's a bit beat up, got to love those old tokens.
Great Job Tim.
Thanks Don. It was a win-win for me. A little, much needed, free time to swing, and a little silver to top it off with.
I wish I would've had your number. Maybe we could've met up. This fall we'll have to make a point to meet up.

OxShoeDrew
08-12-2014, 05:59 AM
Your heart races when you find stuff the first few minutes at a new site. What does the token say? Nice job Tim!

Lodge Scent
08-12-2014, 06:08 AM
Good job pulling some nice targets from a pounded site!

Full Metal Digger
08-12-2014, 07:36 AM
Looks good to me Tim! Congrats on saving those old coins from the ground. What does the token say? Is it one of those soap tokens? HH, Dave.

aloldstuff
08-12-2014, 12:19 PM
free time to yourself....priceless. Nice finds Tim, always love to see Barbers posted.

Tony Two-Cent
08-12-2014, 02:31 PM
Now that must have been fun, finding keepers only 1" deep!

Congrats on the Barber Dime and the pile of wheat cents, Tim! :clapping:

No SDHOS! :thumbsup02:

Isaac
08-12-2014, 04:40 PM
Excellent pile of coins... great hunt! :congrats:

coinnut
08-12-2014, 04:55 PM
Finding the Barber took the pressure off of the rest of the hunt :clapping:Apparently none of the other detectorists hit that spot very well now did they?:thinkingabout:I love seeing moved dirt!

Timewarpdigger
08-12-2014, 07:18 PM
Congrats for the barber. Safe & HH

Ill Digger
08-12-2014, 11:00 PM
What does the token say? Thanks Drew! It says CRYSTAL WHITE LAUNDRY SOAP .... YYY :rolleyes:

Good job pulling some nice targets from a pounded site! Thanks Lodge Scent :grin:

Looks good to me Tim! Congrats on saving those old coins from the ground. What does the token say? Is it one of those soap tokens? HH, Dave.Thanks Dave! Yeah it's one of those soap es. Its a CRYSTAL WHITE LAUNDRY SOAP .... YYY :rolleyes: :lol:

free time to yourself....priceless. You got that right brother. :yes: Thanks Al

Now that must have been fun, finding keepers only 1" deep!

Congrats on the Barber Dime and the pile of wheat cents, Tim! :clapping:

No SDHOS! :thumbsup02:Thanks Tony! Yeah it was pretty exciting! :yes: I was thinking possibly double digit silvers? At least multiple silvers anyways, with a silver soooo early.:crying02:

Ill Digger
08-12-2014, 11:09 PM
Excellent pile of coins... great hunt! :congrats:Thanks Isaac! It was nice to get out.

Finding the Barber took the pressure off of the rest of the hunt :clapping:Apparently none of the other detectorists hit that spot very well now did they?:thinkingabout:I love seeing moved dirt! :coffeelaugh: I guess they did miss that spot. :lol: They were pretty thorough though. Even the wheaties wee spotty at best. And you are 100% right. Finding that Barber so early in the hunt defiantly took the pressure off :yes: Thanks for the response George. :thumbsup01:

Congrats for the barber. Safe & HH Thanks Timewarpdigger!

giant056
08-13-2014, 06:12 AM
Nice score on the barber and pile of wheats :thumbsup02:

tanacat
08-13-2014, 07:40 AM
Great hunt!!! Congrats on the dime! :cheering: I was surprised to find an IH about 1" down this summer. Good thing I didn't assume it was a zilcoln and move on! I guess they'd moved some soil because there wasn't any sign of erosion there... Actually my oldest coin 1820 LC was amazingly shallow a couple inches down on top of a huge root that had pushed up through the soil. Now that was cool :shocked02:

del
08-14-2014, 06:15 AM
it does me good to see you getting out Tim , congrats on the shallow barber

Cheap Thrills
08-14-2014, 11:54 PM
A whole day to yourself at a new spot ... man , that's a treasure in itself , nice going on the Barber and all the wheats .:thumbsup01: