PDA

View Full Version : It Just Keeps Getting Better & Better. 1921-S Silver Dollar

Digger Don
08-12-2014, 07:00 PM
I stopped on the way home from work tonight in a town not to far from my house. There was an old Victorian with its lawn scraped off due to renovations. I had to stop but there was no one home. The neighbor next store asked if they could help me with anything. After explaining why I was there, they invited me to do their yard. This house wasn't nearly as old and I probably wouldn't have door knocked there. But the invite was there, so I gave it a shot. Man, i'm glad I did. Ten minutes into the hunt I got a very solid 01-42-43 about 8" deep. I don't usually dig 01 anything, but I remember Digger Al telling me that 01-40 something could be a Silver Dollar. talk about a beautiful Silver rim in the hole. Wow, a 1921-S dollar.
It just keeps getting better :happydance02:

Tony Two-Cent
08-12-2014, 07:06 PM
:shocked05:

I'm speechless!

That's it! From now on you're giving ME lessons on the E-Trac! :lol:

Huge congrats on the incredible Morgan Dollar, Don! :notworthy:

Digger Don
08-12-2014, 07:12 PM
:shocked05:

I'm speechless!

That's it! From now on you're giving ME lessons on the E-Trac! :lol:

Huge congrats on the incredible Morgan Dollar, Don! :notworthy:
Thanks Tony, I have to admit I did do the Happy Dance. Every coin I tell Al I'll never find. A couple of weeks later I find it.
I know it's not going to last, but right know i'm having a ball. Maybe in a few years I'll get up to your level. Thanks Again.

Timewarpdigger
08-12-2014, 07:22 PM
WOW awesome find congrats. Safe & HH

Isaac
08-12-2014, 07:32 PM
That is a stellar find... :shocked05: they are hard to come by for sure! I am still looking for my first.

GL and HH!

aloldstuff
08-12-2014, 07:34 PM
WTG, that coin is on so many detectorist wish list including mine :envious:. Please tell DiggerAl that you will never get a gold coin....:lol:

:congrats:

Digger Don
08-12-2014, 07:37 PM
wtg, that coin is on so many detectorist wish list including mine :envious:. Please tell diggeral that you will never get a gold coin....:lol:

:congrats: I just did

coinnut
08-12-2014, 07:53 PM
Nice looking Morgan :smitten:That yard next door may have been part of the other houses yard way back when. I know a guy that wanted to do a colonial house and the owner said No Way. So he knocked on the 1950's style ranch next door and did their yard. He got 2 Spanish silvers out of that yard :happydance01: You got what you deserved :lol: Congrats!!!

MangoAve
08-12-2014, 08:02 PM
Wow. I thought it was a peace dollar from title until I opened the thread. Guess it was 1923 they were first minted. Today I hit a park. There was a field across from reservoir that was owned by the town. Figured it was once the field of the house it was behind. Nothing much there except iron, but when I went back to park near grilling area I got a signal. It was near some big roots so digging was tough. I got asked by park staff to move car just so the gate can be closed for the night. Glad I went back to the hole cuz it was the only keeper of a wheat.

Digger Don
08-12-2014, 08:04 PM
Thanks Everyone. I appreciate all the nice posts.

Nesdore
08-12-2014, 08:23 PM
:shocked03::shocked05::drool::wow: That is awesome Don Congrats :perfect10:

Ill Digger
08-12-2014, 11:25 PM
:shocked01: Ahhhh? .... What? :huh:

I don't know what to say either. This just ain't right. :dontknow:
Maybe I'm swinging the wrong end of the dang thing? :confused: :lol:

No.... Really..... Killer find Don!!:clapping: A dream find! The coin we're all after! At least I know I am! :yes: :drool:
And the patina is just perfect! Just beautiful!!
Congrats man! :grin:

giant056
08-12-2014, 11:50 PM
Awesome score on the ole Morgan there Don :thumbsup02:

......................:congrats:

OxShoeDrew
08-13-2014, 05:43 AM
...and it's in such good shape!! That's truly a great find Don! I don't know what 01 means on an etrac but at 8in I bet it sounded nice. I mightn't have dug it if it were four inches as it probs would sound like a can. Just conjecture though as I've never even been in he same room as one.
I'm:yahoo: for you!

tanacat
08-13-2014, 07:43 AM
Ah the sweet smell of BIG silver :smitten:

Congrats on that beauty. Wow. Did I say WOW? :lol:

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Full Metal Digger
08-13-2014, 09:39 AM
Congratulations Don! Did I mention how much I hate you? :envious: An impressive find and I am really happy for you. Seems like only 2 months ago Tony was showing you how to use your e-trac and now look at you! I could use your kind of luck that's for sure! Best wishes and I suspect we'll be seeing a big gold coin from you any day now. HH, Dave.

Digger Don
08-13-2014, 09:50 AM
Congratulations Don! Did I mention how much I hate you? :envious: An impressive find and I am really happy for you. Seems like only 2 months ago Tony was showing you how to use your e-trac and now look at you! I could use your kind of luck that's for sure! Best wishes and I suspect we'll be seeing a big gold coin from you any day now. HH, Dave.
Your right, the last week of March was the first time we used the E-trac. Tony was very helpful the first time we hunted with him. He double checked our settings and showed us what the good coins sound like. We still found no Silver that day :lol:. Every time we hunt together I learn a little more. Not to mention that the E-trac is just a killer machine. Maybe some day we can all get together for a hunt. Thanks for the congrats. Don

Thiltzy
08-13-2014, 12:17 PM
Wow! Gorgeous coin...simply Awsome

Ronandari
08-13-2014, 01:37 PM
That coin is sure in great shape and one of the great finds:envious:. Door knocking sure pays off.

The Rebel
08-13-2014, 02:18 PM
Awesome score Don! What did the owners think of your dance?:bananadance::lol:

del
08-13-2014, 04:36 PM
what an incredible beauty that coin is :shocked05:Don , mega congrats :notworthy:

the last week of March was the first time we used the E-trac. Tony was very helpful the first time we hunted with him. He double checked our settings and showed us what the good coins sound like. Don

Maybe Tony needs to show me how to use my detector ;):lol:

Awesome score Don! What did the owners think of your dance?:bananadance::lol:

I bet it incorporated some back flips though:lolsign:

Hook
08-13-2014, 07:15 PM
big congrats!! and welcome to the silver dollar club! what a great coin to see in the hole. i bet your heart skipped a couple beats when you realized what you had just dug up. WTG!!!!!!

Lodge Scent
08-13-2014, 08:26 PM
Wow! It's a beauty too! :congrats:

WBL TH
08-13-2014, 09:41 PM
Very Nice!

Greg

justdigging50
08-13-2014, 10:48 PM
Wow! That had to be fun digging up.
Congrats on the great find!

freemindstuck
08-14-2014, 01:38 AM
Congrats on the sweet morgan. I dug one about six weeks ago during a group hunt and for the next few days when I'd first wake up I'd wonder if it was a dream. Welcome to the Morgan club!

wisconsin digger
08-14-2014, 03:15 AM
Pays to dig those not so common signals. Definitely not a trait I follow but need too. Great find. Never found one of those so I can'y even imagine what it feels like when you see that rim in the hole. I still get a kick out of dimes. Super coin. WD

Mr. Digger
08-14-2014, 07:04 AM
Awesome find! Major congrats.

RobW
08-14-2014, 03:00 PM
I've been doing this for a long time......and it's still on my wish list:envious:

Congrats on a GREAT find:congrats:

Cheap Thrills
08-15-2014, 12:12 AM
Nice going on a great looking specimen . It was many years ago I found my one and only Morgan and I still vividly remember how brilliant that Eagle was staring up at me from that dark dirt .You will never forget that find .Congratulations !!:congrats:

PL8MAN
08-15-2014, 08:20 PM
She is one big beauty ! Congrats
Glen

Jim D
08-15-2014, 10:47 PM
:wow: Congratulations Don on a beautiful morgan!:groovy:I'm glad you didn't hit that big old coin with your digger! That one has been on my wish list for 39 years! With the e-trac it just keeps getting better and better! HH

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-23-2014, 10:15 PM
awesome! i've yet to dig a silver dollar. congrats!