PDA

View Full Version : New to forum.

Vandave
08-14-2014, 11:08 AM
Just retired, always wanted to get into the hobby, looking for my first metal detector. I have no expectations of becoming rich or supplementing my income with the hobby (but I'll take it if I find it:)). Willing to spend the time learning and looking for mentors in the hobby. The more I learn, the less mistakes I'll make. I'm not afraid to ask "dumb" questions because there aren't any. I have pretty thick skin so it's hard to hurt my feelings. Really excited about the new hobby.

Tony Two-Cent
08-14-2014, 12:56 PM
Welcome from Illinois! :waving:

Glad you joined us, Vandave! You have lots of history there in central Ohio. When looking for your first metal detector it is important to determine your budget, as well as what kind of sites you are going to be hunting primarily. (Parks, private yards, farm fields, cellar holes in the woods, beaches, etc.)

We would be more than happy to answer any specific questions that you may have. :yes:

del
08-14-2014, 01:54 PM
Hey congratulations on you recent retirement Vandave :cheering:and welcome to the forum. yes as Tony said feel free to ask the questions , helping out is one of the reason this forum was started (they told me the other was to meet hot chicks:yes: , boy am I gullible :rofl::rofl:) . It can be a a fun hobby , get some fresh air but can be a very addicting . glad you found the place Vandave.

Dan

aloldstuff
08-14-2014, 06:31 PM
Welcome from western MA. :congrats:on your recent retirement. You will quickly find out how much history is right beneath our feet. Hope you get your detector real soon....looking forward to your future posts.

kpmoose
08-14-2014, 06:53 PM
Welcome aboard. Please ask all the questions you want. First piece of treasure to find: the detector & pinpointer. Good luck with your search.

Skamaniac
08-14-2014, 07:14 PM
Welcome from Washington state :waving: This is a great place to get answers. (CORRECT answers...that's another story!)

Timewarpdigger
08-14-2014, 07:35 PM
Welcome and best of luck. Safe & HH

OxShoeDrew
08-17-2014, 04:18 PM
...helping out is one of the reason this forum was started (they told me the other was to meet hot chicks:yes: , boy am I gullible :rofl::rofl:) .

Dan

:lol: I hope you enjoy the site...and your retirement!

Digger Don
08-18-2014, 08:05 AM
Hello and Welcome from Northern Illinois. There a lot of very knowledgeable and helpful people here. You came to the right place.

coinnut
08-18-2014, 12:08 PM
Welcome aboard from western MA. You will enjoy this hobby...it is a lot of fun!