PDA

View Full Version : First Find

SmileySam
08-15-2014, 06:24 AM
I joined the forum this week and introduced myself. Thanks for all the kind words!
We are installing a handicap entry at our club and the contractor dug out the grass in a 3' x 5' area in front of the door. Last night while I was waiting for him to arrive to go over the details of the job, I whipped out my machine and said "why not?"

Within 10 minutes at about a 4" depth pulled out a near mint 1946 Roosevelt dime! Not a big deal as far as treasure goes but man was that fun! Went home and showed the old lady and my daughter and they had the "really, for this you interrupted Undercover Boss?" look. So I will gush on the forum and leave the discovery announcements to people that appreciate it!
For the troglodytes, that have no culture and sense of adventure, :teasing:

Sam

Tony Two-Cent
08-15-2014, 07:34 AM
Your first find was a silver dime? That's really something! Not too many people can say that. Many people hunt for weeks or even months before they find their first silver coin. It was very wise of you to think of searching that area where the grass had been dug out. :yes:

As for the lack of enthusiasm from your wife and daughter, I get that same look no matter what exciting piece of treasure I show them! :huh: :lol:

Congrats on your first find and your first silver coin! :clapping:

RobW
08-15-2014, 07:43 AM
That's a good find. :thumbsup01: Welcome to the forum from the Springfield, MA area.

Skamaniac
08-15-2014, 11:17 AM
Terrific! Congrats on your first find and silver :clapping:

Isaac
08-15-2014, 11:40 AM
:congrats: Congrats on your first silver... one of the most beautiful things is silver peeking out from the dirt. ;)

coinnut
08-15-2014, 12:04 PM
Nice silver, you just missed a Mercury dime by one year! I still tell the wife what I found and she is very good at looking like she is as enthused as I am :lol: Give it some time. In a couple of years they may even hear what you are saying ;)

Full Metal Digger
08-15-2014, 12:20 PM
Congrats on getting silver your first time out! As Tony said, most of us take weeks if not months to get our first silver. My wife isn't very enthused when I show her my finds so now I tell her wild lies about how they are worth "hundreds of dollars." She thinks I find about $50K of stuff every year. I'll just never sell anything! Best wishes and HH, Dave. p.s. we really like pictures (even bad ones) on this forum.

MangoAve
08-15-2014, 01:58 PM
Congrats on the silver. The last Roosevelt I found was a 46, but the first silver was a 41 washington. Maybe they made a lot of the first year. idk.

My wife isn't very enthused when I show her my finds so now I tell her wild lies about how they are worth "hundreds of dollars." She thinks I find about $50K of stuff every year.

As for the lack of enthusiasm from your wife and daughter, I get that same look no matter what exciting piece of treasure I show them! :huh: :lol:

I am lucky, the miss happens to appreciate whatever COINS I find. She just tells me to find more. Now some of the other stuff is a different story.

p.s. we really like pictures (even bad ones) on this forum.

Was this a stab at Rob? :lol:

Timewarpdigger
08-15-2014, 05:02 PM
Congrats on the rosie. Safe & HH

Cheap Thrills
08-15-2014, 05:40 PM
Congrats on your first silver . Television and video games have stolen the detecting
desire from all my family members except my Granddaughter . My wife never had it
but she likes to see all the stuff I find .

aloldstuff
08-16-2014, 06:03 PM
WTG on your 1st find....a silver. Wait till you start finding gold or silver rings, trust me the enthusiasm will then be there.

Did some one mention.......pictures.......

wisconsin digger
08-17-2014, 06:28 AM
I find more Mercuries then Rosies but Rosies always seem to turn up when I hit a milestone or goal number. Anything silver in the hole is a good thing. WD

zrickkid
08-17-2014, 08:05 PM
Welcome to the forum. Nice job on your first find.

Digger Don
08-18-2014, 08:15 AM
Congrats on your first Silver. It will always be the one you remember the most.
Good Luck finding many more.