PDA

View Full Version : hello from Pa.

sgt tee
08-16-2014, 07:03 AM
I live near the foot hills of the pocono mountains. I am retired, been metal detecting for around 20 years. I own a DFX and XLT. Still learning the DFX. I have some physical problems and it does not get me out often. Guys don't take your health for granted. I live a dull life but I am happy. I also play guitar and have been a guitar player for 50 years now. married with 2 children who are both very successful. We have the empty nest. I love it, but my wife hates it. I was in Vietnam with the 101st Airborne Div, 3/506th Easy company. Like the Band of brothers series. I was infantry, and I am finally proud to say I am a Vietnam Veteran. Thats all I have for know, The site looks very interesting..........Pete

del
08-16-2014, 11:19 AM
Hello Pete and welcome to the forum. The dfx is my main detector , has been for about 6 or 7 years now its a great machine it can be a bit more chattery then the xlt but you probably know that already. Glad you joined the place here and thank you for your service to our country sir.

Dan

aloldstuff
08-16-2014, 05:56 PM
Pete, welcome from western MA. Well aware of physical ailments, getting a second new hip in about 2 weeks. Always nice to have another Whites user here.

I am a Vietnam Era Veteran and it wasn't till about 2 years ago that I finally heard my 1st "thank you for your service".

20 years detecting is a long time, feel free to post up some memorable finds.

coinnut
08-16-2014, 06:11 PM
Hey Pete, Welcome aboard from western MA. People in the armed forces are what allow the rest of us to enjoy our lives, and for me that has also meant guitar and metal detecting. Thank you for your commitment to keeping us safe. :usaflag: I also had the DFX and it is a great machine. Feel free to post some pictures of your finds if you feel like it!

sgt tee
08-17-2014, 06:51 AM
Thanks guys for the welcome. its too late for us to be welcomed home but I always go out of my way to Thank the new vets who are in the fighting now. if we did anything for them I would like to think Vietnam vets had something to do with their warm welcome home. We learn from our mistakes, but the government still thinks we are expendable. Makes me sick when I hear guys are going back for their 2nd, 3rd, 4th deployment. These men are going to be troubled for the rest of their lives. But we all can go out of our way to welcome them and tell them Thank You. That goes a long way!!!!!!!!!!!!!. I remember a couple of Thank Yous I received but it was 30 years later. Different times now, too many Hippies then. Again thanks for the comments. Once I have a good day, I will start posting some finds I have made, Take it Lite.....Pete

Skamaniac
08-17-2014, 02:09 PM
Welcome Pete! I joined the Army just 3 years after Vietnam and I served with a lot of Vietnam vets. My hat was off to you guys then, as it is now.

I just got into MD'ing after retiring from law enforcement so I'm always interested in hearing about and seeing pics of the finds of the experienced detectorists. Hang in there, my friend.

Digger Don
08-18-2014, 08:31 AM
Hello & welcome to the Forum from Northern Illinois. I'll be looking forward to your posts.
Thank You For You Service To Our Country.:thumbsup01:

giant056
08-18-2014, 11:14 AM
Welcome to the forum from Kalamazoo :thumbsup02: I'm also a Vietnam Vet, I trained for 11B in Ft Polk and shipped over there, they asked my when I got there if I could type and I said you bet your A$$ I can. :grin: