PDA

View Full Version : The New Guy Checking In

Beartoe
08-17-2014, 02:48 PM
Hello Everyone. :waving:

I am from Central New York. Been looking for treasure all my life but never found any until a few years back when I retired and got me a metal detector. I still have not found any treasure to speak of but have found a lot of good stuff. I guess if you put everything I have found in one big box it would qualify as treasure.

I have found many coins worth saving. My oldest is a large cent dateing back to 1822. I have a nice collection of rings. Some silver , some gold, some straight out of a Cracker Jacks box. I even found a few things I still have no clue as to what they are or what they were used for. Sometimes it is more fun discovering what an item is than the hunt for the thing.

I am looking forward to sharing this forum with you all.

Beartoe

Skamaniac
08-17-2014, 03:27 PM
Hello and welcome from Washington state. :waving: It sounds like you've already found some great items.

coinnut
08-17-2014, 05:06 PM
Hey Beartoe, welcome aboard from western MA. Now that you have found detecting you will be amazed at how hooked you can get on it :lol: Detecting is relaxing, educational, exciting and fulfilling! Hope you do well :detecting:

aloldstuff
08-17-2014, 05:25 PM
Another welcome from western MA. I know what you mean about finding the item that you have no idea of what it is. Looking forward to your future posts.

del
08-17-2014, 07:47 PM
Welcome Beartoe hope to see you post up some of your favorite finds . glad you found us here.

Dan

Digger Don
08-17-2014, 10:25 PM
Hi and welcome from Northern Illinois. I'm looking forward to seeing some of your Treasure.

Tony Two-Cent
08-18-2014, 08:05 AM
Welcome from Illinois! :waving:

Lots of history there in your area, I'm jealous of the old coins and relics that can be found in New England. Congrats on your 1822 Large Cent, that's a great find!

Best of luck and happy hunting! :detecting: