PDA

View Full Version : Had a nice day in New England

kray
08-17-2014, 07:44 PM
So I had the good fortune to go out hunting with CT Todd and GKMan/Gary today. We went to a cellar hole area that Gary had found. Apparently, though, someone had beaten us to it somewhat recently. I was lucky enough to find a couple of flat buttons, a spoon, and an 1847 largie that I think will clean up decently. It was pretty much on the surface; I was able to sweep it up with my boot. Ill post it up later if its anything special. Todd dug a nice quarter but I'll let him tell the story!
All in all it was another beautiful New England day with a great drive and great weather. It didn't hurt either that it was only a half day hunt. HeavyMetal Dave,Todd T., Coin Nut, and Del/Dan: you guys wear me out with your crazy full day hikes! I think I find more in less time!
Todd and Gary: thanks so much for having me along. I never cease to be amazed by the hospitality of the people up here. I very much appreciate you having me along.
Ray/Kray from Va.

del
08-17-2014, 07:56 PM
didn't even know you were up this way Ray :shocked01: glad someone was a great host to you while your here and I hear Gary is a good guy but watch out for that Todd fellow ;)

CTTodd
08-17-2014, 07:57 PM
It was our pleasure. Glad you had fun. You just have to hunt with the right people. What I mean to say is old and too fat to walk. It was fun.

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-17-2014, 08:28 PM
awesome hunt! Todd is a great guy and glad he let ya join him. didn't know you were up here either.ya don't like exercising and getting stung up by bees? bah!

coinnut
08-18-2014, 12:15 PM
Hey Ray, maybe that copper will clean up nice for you!! Hope those guys took it easy on you :lol:

Bell-Two
08-18-2014, 01:04 PM
It is nice getting out with friends the finding of a goodie is just the icing on the cake.

OxShoeDrew
08-18-2014, 01:31 PM
Glad you made it up here before summer is over. One week left :crying02: I think I just threw up in mouth a little. :lol:

The Rebel
08-18-2014, 03:20 PM
WTG on the finds. Can't wait to see the pic's.

Isaac
08-18-2014, 03:57 PM
Very nice. Sounds like you had a great time up in CT. I'll be there in a week or so. GL and HH

Skamaniac
08-18-2014, 07:42 PM
A couple of nice items there. Hope that 1847 cleans up for some good pics.