PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Central Illinois.

ArgentAgent
08-17-2014, 09:14 PM
Greetings to all from Central Illinois.

I'm a newbie to the hobby, though I have held interest in it for a couple of years now. I have not delved into the hobby much until recently when I bought a Garrett Ace 350 Detector. I'm mainly interested in coin shooting and precious metal hunting since I am most interested in numismatics, though it's always fun to find strange objects and artifacts in the ground. I've only used this detector a couple of times so far (including today) and though I haven't detected any coins (yet!), I have detected various items ranging from the majority of a pocket watch to a rabies tag from a family dog. I am anxious and optimistic for future detecting.

Full Metal Digger
08-17-2014, 09:35 PM
Welcome to the forum from SW Illinois! Where in Central Illinois are you? Lot's of guys in our area who can help you learn about MDing and plenty of great advice on this forum. Best wishes and HH, Dave.

Digger Don
08-17-2014, 10:18 PM
Hello and Welcome from Northern Illinois. Looking forward to your future posts.

aloldstuff
08-18-2014, 06:19 AM
Looks like Illinois members are dominating here. Here's a welcome from western MA. Looking forward to your future posts.

Tony Two-Cent
08-18-2014, 07:37 AM
Welcome from another Illinoisan. :waving:

The Garrett Ace 350 is a popular and capable machine, it shouldn't be long until you are finding some "argent" with it. :thumbsup01:

We're glad you joined the forum, and we're looking forward to your participation. Best of luck and happy hunting! :yes:

coinnut
08-18-2014, 12:12 PM
Welcome aboard from western MA. You will find coins soon. Maybe even the shiny ones you are seeking ;)

Skamaniac
08-18-2014, 07:39 PM
Hello and welcome from over in Washington state. Lots of folks from Illinois on the site. Have fun with your new hobby!

ArgentAgent
08-18-2014, 08:41 PM
Thank you to all for the welcomes. :)

Welcome to the forum from SW Illinois! Where in Central Illinois are you? Lot's of guys in our area who can help you learn about MDing and plenty of great advice on this forum. Best wishes and HH, Dave.

I live just a bit South of the Peoria area. I've been starting out around the land that my grandparents own (some old farmland and wooded areas are within this mix as well) and have just barely scratched the surface of the lawn itself!

The Garrett Ace 350 is a popular and capable machine, it shouldn't be long until you are finding some "argent" with it.:thumbsup01:

Welcome aboard from western MA. You will find coins soon. Maybe even the shiny ones you are seeking ;)

I'm quite optimistic on this. It is only a matter of time, effort, and patience. I'm still figuring out which configuration will work best for coin shooting, but so far it's been a blast finding random items (even items like an old makeup tin and the hammer to a gun or cap gun of some sort).

Tony Two-Cent
08-18-2014, 09:08 PM
I have detected in Tremont and Delavan before, so I've probably been close to your area. :yes:

Surely there are old coins and relics to be found on your grandfather's farmland. Keep us posted on your progress!

giant056
08-19-2014, 03:56 AM
Welcome to the forum from Kalamazoo :thumbsup02:

Nesdore
08-19-2014, 04:48 AM
Welcome to the forum from Ohio :waving:

del
08-21-2014, 02:56 AM
Hello and welcome to the forum ArgentAgent , glad you joined us here .

Dan

two_bit_digger
09-19-2014, 06:25 AM
Welcome!!! You're not far from my area of Sangamon County. Your hunting grounds will yield a lot of goodies, but farm sites are famous for being loaded with iron trash, junk, tin scrap, plus a whole lot of shotgun shell ends (headstamps), brass ammo casings, etc. Be prepared to dig up a lot of junk (along with the good stuff) to learn what the machine is telling you.

If you need old map sources for your area or old aerial pics of the farmland just PM me

Good luck!!!!!!!