PDA

View Full Version : Buff Nickel, V Nickels, Indians, Silver, LG. Cent , Sterling Rings & Tokens

Digger Don
08-18-2014, 05:58 PM
Saturday, Alec and I met up with Tony Two-Cent at a town that we've never been to before. I received permission to hunt my boss's brothers house. We hunted for several hours, although Tony was tearing it up, I managed a 1926 Merc, several wheats, a couple of tokens and a cool cap gun. Tony found the identical toy gun in the back yard. Alec dug several Wheats.
Later in the day, we decided to do a little door knocking. We got permission to do 2 house that were next door to each other. Once again, Tony did amazing. But that's his story to tell. Before we finished those yards, Alec dug a Washington Quarter, A Rosie, his very first V Nickel and a couple of Tokens. I didn't do as well, I ended up with Several Wheats, one Indian and some cool relics.

Sunday, Alec and I went back to the same town and hit 3 other houses. The first house Alec dug another V Nickel, 2 Indians and a Rosie. I dug an Indian and a Rosie and a sterling ring. Then we hunted two houses across the street at the same time. Alec Dug another Indian, a Rosie and a Silver ring stamped .925 with two little baby feet on it. I dug a Rosie, an 1866 Indian and the just before we were going to leave, I dug a toasted LG. Cent with no date.
Together, we dug 46 wheats for the two days.

The Rebel
08-18-2014, 06:04 PM
WTG Don! You guys had a killer hunt!

Isaac
08-18-2014, 06:08 PM
Great coins. Congrats guys!

coinnut
08-18-2014, 06:50 PM
A super hunt with a lot of nice finds, but I gotta say that 1866 Indian steals the show. If the rest of that sand comes off and leaves that beautiful emerald green patina, you will have a banner coin for sure. (even dirty it is) A very desirable date Indian head cent! Congrats on that one!:groovy:

aloldstuff
08-18-2014, 07:18 PM
Huge :congrats:to you and Digger Al (I already congrats Tony). That is some great hunting with a wide variety of finds. Love that 1866 IH and as coinnut stated great condition and a very desirable coin. So at what point will there be 2 Etracs......

Tony Two-Cent
08-18-2014, 07:27 PM
I've been waiting for this post! :)

You both had an incredible weekend! Congrats on getting some bucket list coins! I knew about the large cent but I didn't know that you found an 1866 Indian Head. Looks like full liberty on the headband too possibly.

Did you ever figure out if the thimble is silver? It was a neat find either way.

I think the fish is cool too and I wonder what it was used for.

And although the date is gone from your large cent we can narrow it down pretty close. It's definitely a "Young Head" Matron Head which dates it from 1835-1839.

Congrats on the awesome weekend of finds! :clapping:

Full Metal Digger
08-18-2014, 07:48 PM
Geez Don, why don't you just rub it in our faces too! :wow: I'm changing my signature block to read "number of times I am jealous of Don!" You are on an INCREDIBLE run of luck and I am very happy for you and Alec! Awesome coins! What is your sales pitch when you knock on doors? It must be pretty good because you get a lot of yesses!

CTTodd
08-18-2014, 08:38 PM
That's a haul. Nice work

Nesdore
08-18-2014, 09:04 PM
Wow Don now thats a GREAT weekend :wow::perfect10: I love them IH and the V nickels also :congrats: on that Large Cent still looks pretty good I'd take it...ive been on a long slump so it good to see someone is pulling the goods out of the ground again :congrats::clapping:

Digger Don
08-18-2014, 09:08 PM
Geez Don, why don't you just rub it in our faces too! :wow: I'm changing my signature block to read "number of times I am jealous of Don!" You are on an INCREDIBLE run of luck and I am very happy for you and Alec! Awesome coins! What is your sales pitch when you knock on doors? It must be pretty good because you get a lot of yesses!
I think it helps that I have Alec with me most of the time. Most people mention they think it's great that I'm spending time with my son.

BTV Digger
08-18-2014, 09:36 PM
Great sets of finds Don! 6 houses in two days...love the motivation! Awesome to watch your progression into a savvy hunter over the past year or so. IH's are great, esp. the '66.

John

PL8MAN
08-18-2014, 10:29 PM
Sweet finds , love the rings !

giant056
08-19-2014, 03:51 AM
Fantastic hunt that you two had there Don :thumbsup02: nice bunch of silvers and coins!!

Digger Don
08-19-2014, 10:08 AM
I always mention that I've done several other houses in the neighborhood already and that the home owners love to see what we find

zrickkid
08-19-2014, 01:43 PM
Nice finds guys. Way to go.

wisconsin digger
08-19-2014, 04:30 PM
That's quite the weekend. Nice mix of coins and the '66 Indian is in great shape. Nice hunts WD

Ill Digger
08-19-2014, 09:40 PM
:shocked04: Man! You guys killed it this weekend too! ( I already seen Tony's post too)
You guys hit some quality houses!!
Congrats on all the goodies! :grin:

Digger Don
08-20-2014, 06:03 PM
A couple of better pics. I think416644166541666