PDA

View Full Version : A CT Brit and a MA Yankee

aloldstuff
08-19-2014, 03:26 PM
Lee came up to my neck of the woods today and we struck it rich. I had obtained permission at an old house with a very tiny and I mean tiny yard.

Lee got on board 1st with a merc :happydance01:, then I got one :happydance01:, then Lee got one :happydance01: then I got one :happydance01: then Lee scores a rosie :happydance01:.
Out of this tiny yard we managed 5 silvers and 8 wheats.

We then hit another yard that I permission to do and Lee finds a beautiful 1914 wheat sticking out of the ground.

Lee got the oldest merc, a 1923 and the oldest wheat, a 1914.

Thanks for coming up and keeping me company. Lets see if we can do it again next week. :thumbsup02:

Thanks for reading and HH.

Note to Lee: Your picture and the group photo of the keepers did not come out......sorry

coinnut
08-19-2014, 04:47 PM
Nice to see both of you did well. Sometimes smaller yards are better. I have done pretty good with a small coil, high sensitivity and going fairly slow digging some deep signals. It would be good to hit that first yard again.

lee
08-19-2014, 07:40 PM
so the group don't get to see my smiling kisser ?? im actually a dead ringer for George clooney ..........not !!!!!.
thanks for a great time al i really enjoyed me self mukka , we will do it again real soon.

aloldstuff
08-19-2014, 07:46 PM
so the group don't get to see my smiling kisser ?? im actually a dead ringer for George clooney ..........not !!!!!.
thanks for a great time al i really enjoyed me self mukka , we will do it again real soon.

I thought people could look at your avatar and get a good idea from that......:lol:

Digger Don
08-19-2014, 08:34 PM
Great hunt guys. You both did very well and it sounds like you had fun.
Congrats on the Silver & Wheats

Tony Two-Cent
08-20-2014, 08:04 AM
Good job finding all of those silver dimes in a tiny yard, you guys! :clapping:

I bet Lee is a hoot to detect with! :thumbsup01:

aloldstuff
08-20-2014, 08:34 AM
Good job finding all of those silver dimes in a tiny yard, you guys! :clapping:

I bet Lee is a hoot to detect with! :thumbsup01:

Tony, about Lee, as they say in goodfellas "you're a funny guy" You're absolutely right about Lee being a hoot. Wish I had a video camera.

The Rebel
08-20-2014, 03:01 PM
WTG Guys!

del
08-20-2014, 04:55 PM
Congrats on the silver Al , Lee is a great guy and what a "pistow he iz"

hey I thought you were taller ;)

RobW
08-21-2014, 09:42 AM
Glad to see you're getting out and about....and finding some silver:thumbsup01:

Ya know....you should have sent me a text..I was just around the corner...and had my detectors in the car...I could have skipped out for a bit:girlcry:

BTV Digger
08-21-2014, 10:57 AM
Nice job guys. That small yard definitely paid off.

John

kpmoose
08-21-2014, 08:06 PM
Nice finds gentlemen. Sounds like you guys had a blast. :thumbsup02: