PDA

View Full Version : Weekend Hunts = Big Silver For DiggerAl, Little Silver for Dad

Digger Don
08-24-2014, 08:31 PM
Saturday
DiggerAl and I hit a couple of houses in the same town that I got the LC last week. Before the storm, we hit one house. Alec Dug a Rosie, an Indian & 2 wheats. I dug a Merc. After about a 2 hour rain delay, we hit another house on the same street.
This time Alec dug a Barber Dime and I dug another Merc. We both got a bunch of clad and a bunch of junk.
Sunday
Sunday, Alec and I met up with ILL Digger for a day of hunting. We started out at a park and a a school, Alec and I only dug clad. After that, we started door knocking. Ok, as for me, I should have stayed in the air conditioned car and watched them two hunt (9 hours of hunting / 4 wheats, 2 tokens and a marble. THATS ALL FOLKS.) ILL Digger had a great day, i'm sure he'll be posting his soon. At the first house, Alec dug a couple of wheats, a broken dog pin & a silver looking ring. I dug an old Tax Token & 1 Wheat. We moved next door and Alec dug a Rosie, a 1968 40% Kennedy Half & a couple more wheats. I dug another Trade Token & 3 Wheats. Ok, Last house. I dug Squat. Alec got a few more wheats, an Indian, an aluminum kids ring and a very nice 1943 Walking Liberty Half Dollar.
Even though I had an off day. it was a great day. I got to spend the day with my son metal detecting and got to meet and hunt with ILL Digger. Tim, it was a pleasure hunting with you and hope we can do it again this year.

giant056
08-24-2014, 08:45 PM
Awesome bunch of finds ya got there Don :thumbsup02:
.................... :congrats:

Ill Digger
08-24-2014, 09:19 PM
It was nice meetin' up with you guys today! Boy was it hotter than :devilish: !!!
Thanks for doin' all asking today at the houses too. :lol:
Sorry you had one of "those" days.:thumbsdown: Its always nice when everyone has a few keepers in their pockets. Not just one or two people. Like we talked about, next hunt you'll do better. Now Al on the other hand, he had a real nice day! Two silver halves, a couple IHs, a silver ring.... Not too shabby kid! :thumbsup01:
It looks like a stamp inside the ring , on the right side. :huh: Or am I just seeing things? :dontknow:
Congrats on all your finds guys! :grin:U
Until next time :peace:

buck57
08-25-2014, 05:40 AM
Very nice weekend hunt there Don. Big congrats to ya :thumbsup02:

aloldstuff
08-25-2014, 06:12 AM
WTG you guys. A great couple days of hunting. That bowl of clad is amazing but not as amazing as all your silvers.

:congrats:

Full Metal Digger
08-25-2014, 07:07 AM
WOW! Great finds. The 1902 dime is in XF condition, the ring is definitely silver. You found a token from Washington State? Wow. Wish I could have made it up but to much family stuff this weekend. HH, Dave.

Tony Two-Cent
08-25-2014, 12:49 PM
You better step up your game, dad! :poke: :lol:

No, you both had some great finds! I agree that the ring is definitely silver. The Barber Dime is a beauty, and how cool is it to find 2 silver half dollars in one hunt?!!!

Not to mention 2 Indian Heads from the 1800s, some nice tokens and a bunch of silver dimes. I really like the marble too! :yes:

:congrats:

Digger Don
08-25-2014, 01:56 PM
You better step up your game, dad! :poke: :lol:

No, you both had some great finds! I agree that the ring is definitely silver. The Barber Dime is a beauty, and how cool is it to find 2 silver half dollars in one hunt?!!!

Not to mention 2 Indian Heads from the 1800s, some nice tokens and a bunch of silver dimes. I really like the marble too! :yes:

:congrats:No kidding Tony. If it wasn't so freaking Hot, it would have been Funny.
Alec did great. I'm really proud of him. For what it's worth, I got more memorials than both of them combined :hystericallaugh::yes:

Tony Two-Cent
08-25-2014, 02:17 PM
Just razzin' ya, Don! You found just as many silver coins as I did this weekend!

Both you and Alec are having a banner year! :yes:

Full Metal Digger
08-25-2014, 03:08 PM
How many freaking silver halves are you two going to find this year?! Gotta be some kind of record!

Digger Don
08-25-2014, 03:22 PM
How many freaking silver halves are you two going to find this year?! Gotta be some kind of record!
You'll have to ask DiggerAl when you meet him. I only got one Barber Half. The rest are all him. :envious:

Nesdore
08-25-2014, 03:28 PM
Congrats Don and Al you guys had yet another great weekend :thumbsup02:

Thiltzy
08-25-2014, 05:16 PM
The 1902 barber is very sharp! Very nicw:clapping:

Trooper Bri
08-25-2014, 07:04 PM
Nice pile of silver you got there Don!

wisconsin digger
08-25-2014, 08:52 PM
That was a productive weekend. The barber dime is a real beauty. WD

The Rebel
08-27-2014, 03:06 PM
WTG Guys!

coinnut
08-27-2014, 06:16 PM
That Barber sure is sweet :drool: You guys did well. A nice couple of tokens and some rings to finish the job :lol: That bowl of clad sure looks appealing too. :clapping: