PDA

View Full Version : 1843 home finds

pulltabsteve
08-25-2014, 02:57 PM
Mike and I got permission to hunt an old home. We walked up to the door just as the woman was leaving. We said our hellos and explained what we did. We didn't even have to ask if we could detect, she told us, "you boys are more than welcome to metal detect my property". 2 acre yard and 8 acres of woods that used to be potato fields back in the day. All the finds were from the potato field side of the house, including Mikes button, coin find. We will be spending a lot of time at this site!

Full Metal Digger
08-25-2014, 03:06 PM
Oh yeah, I'd be going back lots of times! Looks like a great site with lot sof potential. well done! Best wishes and HH, Dave.

aloldstuff
08-25-2014, 03:13 PM
Don't ya just love homeowners like that. Nice finds and as Daddydigger stated I'd be going back and back. Can't wait to see your future finds.

Digger Don
08-25-2014, 05:37 PM
Great finds. Very nice old IH. Some home owners are super cool about detecting their property, Glad you found one of them..

Timewarpdigger
08-25-2014, 08:29 PM
Congrats to both of you. Good to hear and see that you have a site with great potential. Best of luck to both of you, safe & HH