PDA

View Full Version : Woodchip held a secret surprise.

zrickkid
08-26-2014, 05:03 PM
I got a faint signal while i was hunting in the woods. I dug down around 4 inches and my pointer kept ringing as I looked through my dirtpile but i could not find the coin. It did keep going off on this little wood chip so I kept it. After i got home and cleaned it off i could still see nothing in it. After it dried out i could see the surprise it held inside. It looks like a little 22 caliber bullet was buried inside it. Nice little surprise indeed.

Bell-Two
08-26-2014, 06:51 PM
Now that's different!

del
09-01-2014, 01:55 AM
zrickkid , I detect out in the woods will come across bullets or even nails imbedded into either standing trees (at their base) or in fallen logs or branches. they can drive you nuts :bangahead02:to find because as you experienced :lol:, its not something you commonly expect to find.
sometimes its these little silver reflective headed tacks that hunters push unto the trees , well after some years they fall off and they can give off a great signal and be a "bear " to find :hairpulling:

HEAVYMETALNUT
09-01-2014, 06:17 PM
zrickkid , I detect out in the woods will come across bullets or even nails imbedded into either standing trees (at their base) or in fallen logs or branches. they can drive you nuts :bangahead02:to find because as you experienced :lol:, its not something you commonly expect to find.
sometimes its these little silver reflective headed tacks that hunters push unto the trees , well after some years they fall off and they can give off a great signal and be a "bear " to find :hairpulling:
lol I thought I was the only one that found thumb tacks in the woods :bangahead02:

BTV Digger
09-01-2014, 08:10 PM
Very interesting find. Never know what's gonna pop out of the dirt!

John