PDA

View Full Version : 1'st silver and 1'st ring - 8/29

Trooper Bri
08-29-2014, 06:10 PM
Headed a town over today to hit a small park in an older section.
It's mostly used for baseball/softball, who's players must be raging alcoholics. The fields were absolutely polluted with pull tabs, screw caps, bottle caps, pull tabs, and can slaw.

But, maybe 1/2 hour into digging drunken treasure, I got a sweet, deeper tone. No idea why, but I took a dug screw cap and used it like a ball marker in golf and kept going.
Nothing for another hour, and listening to the detector tell me the ground was utterly full of change was getting irritating. Wandered to the main field with a concession stand and hoped for better. Got a wee bit of clad, and my 1'st ring! Cheesy and ugly. If someone's grandma lost this, shoot me a PM. Only 100 or so to catch up with PL8MAN (hope you're OK after the shaker bud!).

If there had been more clad to go with their respective tones, I probably would have stayed longer. Called it quits after 2 1/2 hours or so and wandered back across the park to see what was under my marker. Turns out it was my 1'st silver! A 41 Merc with a couple dings. Ground was kind to it. Just a rinse with a soft toothbrush.

Another sweet day to be outside in CT, this summer has been so nice. Gotta find a destination for tomorrow. Thanks for reading, and on with the pics...

3 months of detecting and finally some silver:

Grandma's big ol' (1 1/2") ugly ring:

And the crunk that made it home. I tossed at least this much into a pail at the park because my small pouch was getting full.

Digger Don
08-29-2014, 06:29 PM
And Now it Begins. The first is always the hardest. Congrats on a very nice Merc. By the the way, I think the ring looks cool.

MangoAve
08-29-2014, 07:45 PM
Congrats on the first silver. Still a good find even if the dings on the side. Is the ring silver too? I still haven't found a ring yet, just an earing. Sometimes those ring tabs fool ya. It sucks when u get disappointed digging it.

Trooper Bri
08-29-2014, 08:29 PM
It is a neat ring Don, I'm just being funny. And no, it's not silver. It's pretty cheap.

Sometimes is fine Jim, but that place rings nickel or higher tones like listening to nails around a cellar hole. I'd go back some day to try the fringe areas and more where I got my Merc, otherwise you'd want a small coil to bother with those fields.

MangoAve
08-29-2014, 10:04 PM
I wonder if that be the same park I found my merc. Next town over. Kinda small.

I got the small coil with my machine but never used it yet. Never took it with me. I already carry enough around with me let alone the crunk I dig up. Sorry for stealing your word for it. Lol. Those ring tabs seem to fool the most tho. So I guess the way you say tabs in parks are like nails in cellar holes I'd agree. Sure those weren't from the beers u were poppin'? Lol. Jk

PL8MAN
08-30-2014, 03:51 PM
Sweet finds !

del
08-30-2014, 04:49 PM
WOOO
HOOOO

FIRST SILVER AND FIRST RING
Congrats on the silver and ring Brian :cheering::clapping::cheering: