PDA

View Full Version : XLT audio problem

Capt. Destructo
06-14-2010, 02:27 AM
Hi All.

My headphone jack was loose due to stripped out loose nut. So, I installed a washer to space it and it worked fine for a few weeks, started chattering and went out entirely. Pulled jack and pin clip to test continuity, its there, re installed, still no audio. The jack is not making contact with anything, and I did strap up for esd protection. Anyone have any advice? Missing opportunities, as in my buddy is removing and replacing sidewalks that were installed in 1911-1922. Was finding interesting junk and indian heads pretty regular. Missing my detector.

Capt. Destructo

coinnut
06-14-2010, 09:35 PM
Without the headphones plugged in are you getting any audio through the speaker?? If there is no audio at all, I would think it's an issue that you may need to send it to the factory. If there is no audio only when you plug in the headphones, then I'd try another set of headphones. You can always try turning the unit on and pull the battery out, but I don't think that will help on that issue. Also make sure your coil wire is firmly tightened where it enters the unit. If the coil wire is not connected or is broken, then you would get no signal back to make any sound. Try another coil if you have one. Just some guesses.