PDA

View Full Version : e-trac

sjv
06-14-2010, 07:56 AM
What's the weight of this machine? Have a White's XLT and want to change machines. How much better is the minelab compared to the Whites. How about learning curve? Days to get basics or weeks? Ohh, who has the best deal. Coinnut what the deal with the coil design? Is it a cone shape like Whites or does it pinpoint with more coverage?

coinnut
06-14-2010, 08:16 PM
What's the weight of this machine? Have a White's XLT and want to change machines. How much better is the minelab compared to the Whites. How about learning curve? Days to get basics or weeks? Ohh, who has the best deal. Coinnut what the deal with the coil design? Is it a cone shape like Whites or does it pinpoint with more coverage?

Whoo big guy, Slow down lol Only one question per post :poke: :poke: All of those questions are subjective. Better than a Whites? Not if you know your White's. There's a learning curve with every machine... how good are you in learning?? Real good, kinda good or no good? lol Best Deal?? No deals on any hot machine, just some free tidbits. Coil design? All of the ones I use are Double D in design. Pinpoint is pinpoint ... it's an all metal mode that allows you to center the target similar to what you are used to as VCO on the XLT. During the normal detecting mode even a big coil see a patch that is rectangular in shape. My 11' coil sees an area 11 long by about 3-4 wide. There .. now that will be $5.00 for the answers Sal. ;)

del
06-14-2010, 08:26 PM
you forgot the weight issue ,George.

yes Sal its noticeably heavier that your xlt too.

coinnut
06-14-2010, 08:28 PM
you forgot the weight issue ,George.

yes Sal its noticeably heavier that your xlt too.

I didn't forget anything :bop: I was waiting for my 5 bucks lol

sjv
06-17-2010, 01:22 PM
I'm good for it. Ask del. I'm a good learner and just feel I'm missing targets with the XLT. A coin found at 6 inches is like 4 inches cuz of the leaves remember. The deepest I ever get with leaves is about 7 inches. Your a Janitor, right? I guess you are a sweep skate. lol lol lol lol lol