PDA

View Full Version : Sunday hunt With Digger Al

Digger Don
09-01-2014, 08:39 AM
I found a couple of parks on Google Earth that are about 100 miles west of us. They were in very old towns and were in the middle of nowhere. Alec and I got to the first Park about 8:00 AM. What a Disappointment. The park must have been filled in with dirt in last couple of years. All we got there was Clad. Everything we dug was either on the surface or 8" deep, not much in between. The second Park was a little better but not much. I dug a 1930s Alabama Luxury Tax Token, A Canadian Penny, A ring that was stamped 14K ( obviously Plated ), 3 wheats and another Marble. Alec dug 3 Wheats and a few relics, one of which was a cool metal piece with a key slot that might have been on an old trunk.
We decided to call it a day, but on the way home we were going to pass thru the town that we've been hitting the last few weekends. We stopped at one house and got permission to hunt their yard although they said they were going out soon so we only had about a half hour. We hit the front yard and 15 minutes in, I finally dug a Silver, a 1951 Washington Quarter, 5 minutes later Alec dug a 1963 Rosie. Before we left, I got 2 more wheats and Alec got 2 Nice Indian heads. Alec's like a magnet to those things. :lol:
We both went home tired and both had Silver in our pockets. It was a good day !

don in ny
09-01-2014, 05:55 PM
Always nice to pull silver and a couple of Indians to boot. I sometimes wonder if I would rather find silver or Indians and it's a tough call. I'd rather just find them both. Great going!

Tony Two-Cent
09-01-2014, 06:35 PM
Nice variety of finds for you guys once again! Finding silver and Indian Heads like clockwork!

I like the escutcheon too, but where's the rest of the treasure chest? :dontknow: :lol:

I found a tax token very similar to yours yesterday but mine was in bad shape.

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb174/dubbl-t/Metal%20Detecting/Token_zps15cfbab9.jpg

Congrats on the finds! You guys are killing it this year! :clapping:

BTV Digger
09-01-2014, 08:29 PM
Congrats on your finds Don! Isn't life funny sometimes? Your best stuff where you least expected it...at least when you left your home earlier in the day. Always love those IHs.

John

Full Metal Digger
09-02-2014, 07:10 AM
Good finds but you got to wonder how an Alabama tax token got all the way up there!

mownomo
09-02-2014, 10:35 PM
Good hunt. I really like the Indians. I used to have a bunch, but I think the kids must have gotten into them when gum balls cost a penny.

aloldstuff
09-03-2014, 04:42 AM
Nice day of hunting and once again the private property pays off. :congrats:on all your silvers

wisconsin digger
09-03-2014, 06:33 AM
Persistence pays off. I've found a lot of old Parks this year with fill issues. Definitely ruins a good hunt. WD

PL8MAN
09-03-2014, 07:57 PM
Sweet finds , like the token ! Congrats
Glen