PDA

View Full Version : 3 Coppers, Pin Fire Shot Shell & A Button!

The Rebel
09-01-2014, 07:56 PM
Got out today for a totally gross hunt. :lol: Temps & dew points were both in the 70's. It's been a while since I went back to my not so virgin site, so I figured today would be a good day to go there.

Nabbed 3 more coppers (1788 CT Copper, Draped Bust & Smoothie). Upon cleaning the smoothie I noticed some lines & it appears to have been carved but unfortunately the design is pretty well gone. If anyone has any guesses have at it :lol:

The pin fire shot shell was a neat find as well as the button that I got at another site on my way back to the car.

Stay cool out there folks
Roger

MangoAve
09-01-2014, 08:07 PM
Hmm. If I got out to md today I might not be sunburned. (Just the top of my feet and one shoulder didn't get enough sunblock...ugh). Congrats on the finds tho. I'd think you would say that the finds were worth the heat.

del
09-02-2014, 02:34 AM
Wow Roger , the back of that Connecticut is beautiful we should be able to get a variety for you. great hunt :groovy:

Isaac
09-02-2014, 04:51 AM
Great hunt that 1788 reverse CT Copper is perfect… WTG on all the finds!

Jyes
09-02-2014, 06:51 AM
More power to you guys who can hunt in that heat and humidity, other than at a beach! Chigger season is here in S Jersey and only can hunt with Permanone sprayed clothing and too hot for doing that! :) Anyway, good on getting the relic and three coppers. Can't offer any opinion on the smoothie but that Reverse of the CT made it easy to ID............http://www.coinfacts.com/colonial_coins/connecticut_coppers/1788_ct_coppers/1788_ct_miller_02_D.htm

The Rebel
09-02-2014, 08:11 AM
Thanks Guys! This site still continues to give up coppers but man do I have to work for them. I've walked over that same area where I got the CT before but never got the hit. Thanks for the ID Jyes! It was probably on 3-4" down.

HEAVYMETALNUT
09-02-2014, 08:39 AM
awesome Rog! have you tried relic mode on the V3I on this site yet?

The Rebel
09-02-2014, 11:11 AM
awesome Rog! have you tried relic mode on the V3I on this site yet?

Thanks Dave. Not yet but in talking to FOX he said there are both pretty similar. I'll go back there at some point when the ground is pretty moist, as the site is on a slight hill. The ground dries out quickly due to the incline.

HEAVYMETALNUT
09-02-2014, 11:39 AM
at a site like this i'd go all metal and dig everything.ya may gain some depth and hear some targets near iron that your other program may be rejecting.

MangoAve
09-02-2014, 11:39 AM
I'll go back there at some point when the ground is pretty moist, as the site is on a slight hill. The ground dries out quickly due to the incline.

:confused: I thought you said the copper was around 3-4". So dry or moist shouldn't it be ok? Now if you were finding things 10" deep, which some of the other finds could have been, then I would understand.

The Rebel
09-02-2014, 02:35 PM
:confused: I thought you said the copper was around 3-4". So dry or moist shouldn't it be ok? Now if you were finding things 10" deep, which some of the other finds could have been, then I would understand.

It was. When the ground is wet it is more conductive, giving you a little more depth (aka: Halo Effect). I've pounded this site many times over the last year and many of the good finds have been pulled.

The Rebel
09-02-2014, 02:39 PM
at a site like this i'd go all metal and dig everything.ya may gain some depth and hear some targets near iron that your other program may be rejecting.

I may try that but I accept -VDI's into the 30's but have the tone set to 0, until about -15.

OxShoeDrew
09-02-2014, 03:28 PM
Wow Roger!! I bet you carried a lot of water in with you. That CT is the best rev I've seen!

Bell-Two
09-02-2014, 04:19 PM
Wow that is very nice results you had. Beautiful Copper and that pin fire is fascinating.

Lodge Scent
09-02-2014, 04:39 PM
A sharp CT! That smoothie with the engraving is intriguing!

Thiltzy
09-02-2014, 05:18 PM
Damn Roger, that site just keeps on giving up the coins. Nice trifecta

The Rebel
09-02-2014, 08:15 PM
Thanks Guys!

Wow Roger!! I bet you carried a lot of water in with you. That CT is the best rev I've seen!

Yea, I just about went thru 2 Liters in my camelback + a small power aid. Water is good but it doesn't add the electrolytes back in. Days like yesterday require power aid or gator aid to add them back in.