PDA

View Full Version : 5 person detecting party,dancing,music,light refreshment....ok im kidding.

lee
09-02-2014, 03:08 PM
ok, at 5pm 5 detectorists are leaving my house to detect a park in windsor ct so if anyone wants to meet us there the more the merrier .
message me and ill give you the name of the park we are gona hit.
cheers.
lee.

Trooper Bri
09-02-2014, 03:33 PM
Bugger. I'm in town, out of work at 5, and my gear is in Smellington.

Oh well, good luck gents.

MangoAve
09-04-2014, 07:15 AM
Sorry you didn't make it Bri. As far as coins we only found clad there. There was a Canadian quarter from 1968 which was 80% silver.

Yesterday I got back out with Bamaart to a school. Rather than start a new thread cuz it's not my first silver and Bam was part of the group Tues, I'll add it here. The school was built in '48. There was an even older school near there back in 1868. There is a foundation that was filled in and the top still visible. It wasn't a place that was hit because it was coughing up the clad. Bam got a wheat. I got two wheats and a Merc, 1935. It was a little worn on the back so I am guessing dropped when the newer school was built. The '44 wheat had a nice patina while cleaning off crud with the toothpick, but the toothbrush to brush away the dust was still a little wet so the patina wasn't as nice. I know yous guys like to see the pics.