PDA

View Full Version : Nasty Day hunt with Todd & Dan *KGIII and a couple buttons

HEAVYMETALNUT
09-06-2014, 09:21 PM
Friday
a couple hour hunt at a colonial home in my home town.not much a IH penny and a couple toy cars from the 1980's.
Saturday
Todd & I were granted permission on private property that had a mill site and a cellar hole.We invited Dan along and figured we'd have a nice virgin area as the owner said nobody ever detected it.WRONG! place was hammered to death but we all squeaked out a copper and some buttons.there was another cellar hole close to road on his land so we drove up to take a peak.that's when Dan started doin the jitterbug after getting out of his truck.yellow jackets up his pant leg.hate them things! it was soo humid and we couldn't drink enough water.Dan wasn't feeling good after that and decided he was gonna head out.Todd and I walked up to the trashy cellar hole to swing a little bit.we could hear the thunder in the distance and Todd yells "DAVE! you'll never believe what I just dug!" i go over and look and holy crap! and i'll let him tell ya the rest .what a day he had!
I got a KGIII a couple buttons ,one being a designed tombac that I think was in a fire if house burnt down.& a cool iron chopper blade which i kept.
Hope Dan feels better.was a miserable day to be outside but we tried to hang tough and come home with something and we all did.
Get well soon Dan!

Trooper Bri
09-06-2014, 09:37 PM
I don't think it gets any more humid here than it did today. Whatever Todd got has to be even sweeter because of it. Hardcore for sure.

Tony Two-Cent
09-06-2014, 09:41 PM
Todd yells "DAVE! you'll never believe what I just dug!" i go over and look and holy crap! and i'll let him tell ya the rest .what a day he had!

I just watched the video. Can't wait to see his post! :thumbsup01:

You got a nice King George III copper too, Dave! :clapping:

del
09-07-2014, 01:09 AM
hey congrats on the King George Dave , glad that other site produced a few coppers . between the heat and the insects it made it a tough day :lol:

Isaac
09-07-2014, 06:43 AM
Yeah you guys are nuts! … yesterday had to be the worst day/hottest day of summer ... I was out detecting for an hour and I almost passed out ... Great finds today, congrats!! The KG is nice! Can't wait to see what Todd found

Bell-Two
09-07-2014, 11:08 AM
The finds don't always go to the best detectorists and the relics to the most persistent... But that's the way the smart money bets....and that is why I will always bet on you guys making the finds! Fantastic hunt and nice devotion to the hunt! Saw the video too. And it is fantastic! :wow:

Restoring Your Finds
09-07-2014, 01:06 PM
Wow, great finds !! Today was indeed a terrible day to be out.

So... basically, we are all waiting for Todd's post, right?

del
09-07-2014, 01:20 PM
So... basically, we are all waiting for Todd's post, right?

:lol::lol: they are out today so we'll be waiting for a while

Restoring Your Finds
09-07-2014, 01:34 PM
:lol::lol: they are out today so we'll be waiting for a while

Thought so ! :lol::lol:

Weather is a little better than yesterday. It sure must be nice to be outside.

aloldstuff
09-07-2014, 02:00 PM
Very nice photos, to bad about the yellow jackets. At least you all scored a copper. Gotta go watch a video now....

del
09-07-2014, 02:53 PM
Very nice photos, to bad about the yellow jackets. At least you all scored a copper. Gotta go watch a video now....

Todd was just talking about yellow jackets to Al , I think Dave set me up with that picture as i was probably standing on the nest ;) it was only moments later I was repeatedly stung by them little:ticked:I wanted to get out today but work schedule won't allow it :bangahead02:

The Rebel
09-08-2014, 08:29 AM
Some nice finds there Dave, can't wait to see Todd's post. Sorry to hear about the stings Dan.