PDA

View Full Version : 1'st dig with the new machine = ring #2 (silver!)

Trooper Bri
09-07-2014, 07:49 PM
Had a couple hours to play this afternoon after catching up on chores & family stuff. Which was perfect as the annual carnival here in town hit the road this morning, and had to wait for the town to do cleanup.

Tossed my new (to me) V3i in the car and got to the park around 3. I set it for coin & jewelry and got started. It was like starting over. 3 months isn't long, but I was getting to know my Ace 350 pretty well. Did alright though. Bottle caps with the 350 looked like quarters, so I always dug them. Seeing the 3 frequencies at once made them much easier to spot. Dug a couple intentionally just to be sure.

Didn't find a lot of surface coins. Most were at least 2 1/2 inches down. I did better on the other side of this park last weekend. Dug plenty of flip tabs, still getting fooled by those. Didn't include them, just my other oddball VDI targets.
Notable finds were the small cross (not silver), and my deepest target dug turned out to be my 2'nd ring, .925! It was down 6" or so. Tiny thing, small woman or girl. Not sure I can catch up with PL8MAN at this pace. :lol:

Sorry for the lousy pic of the ring. I'll try outside tomorrow when it's light. Thanks for reading!

Isaac
09-07-2014, 07:59 PM
Congrats on your first silver ring! I think you're going to like that v3i. :clapping:

Digger Don
09-07-2014, 08:47 PM
Congrats on the Silver Ring. Quite a bit of Clad there too. Nice Job

aloldstuff
09-07-2014, 08:48 PM
Yes, the 3 frequency reading really helps. You're gonna love the V3i. :congrats:on your ring and as far as trying to catch PL8MAN that train has left the station.

PL8MAN
09-07-2014, 10:03 PM
Sweet silver my friend ! Looks like you will have that new machine dialed pretty quick ! Keep digging them rings ! Congrats
Glen

BTV Digger
09-08-2014, 04:49 PM
Congrats on your first 925'er. Looks like you're learning your new machine quickly.

John

Nesdore
09-11-2014, 04:05 PM
Nice ring:congrats: Bri

Trooper Bri
09-11-2014, 05:43 PM
Thanks fellas!

I'm sure I'll love it too if I ever get to use it. These 12 and 10 hour work days are paying it off quickly, but is killing me! I normally get out at 3, which gives me time to play.
Oh well, the weekend will be here soon.

Beartoe
09-11-2014, 07:12 PM
I am so glad you picked up that V3i. It is a beautiful piece of technology.

Were you able to get a partial warranty or is it past the two year mark? White's will honor the warranty if original owner sells unit.

Trooper Bri
09-11-2014, 07:51 PM
It was made in 2011 from the ID sticker on the battery door Bear. Guessing it's outside the warranty. She's got parts coming. Display window, cuff pads, spare pivot bolt kit, spare trigger switch, and the stand bracket for the DFX (all under 20 bucks). Hopefully it fits, or I'll have to make her fit.

I've had very little time to do more than breeze through the owners manual, but it doesn't really seem that scary. To be honest, research that these guys do to find some of these sites is far more daunting to me than electronics and a goofball interface.

MangoAve
09-11-2014, 08:44 PM
At least u know for sure ring #2 is silver. The abalone cross is nice too. It def is small but still a good find. I think u are confusing MD talk with what u see on the DEEP site. Two inches down pretty much is the surface, granted I have found a handful literally covered with grass clippings. You may have to dig a tiny bit but imo I'd still say surface.