PDA

View Full Version : This Weekends Token Finds

Digger Don
09-08-2014, 06:55 PM
Alec and I went out for a while on Sunday. The first four houses we tried said no, but on number 5 we got a yes. We got a couple of Silvers and 11 wheats. But the tokens were popping up everywhere. Alec dug a 1930s General Motors Pontiac Token then a much newer Dairy Queen token. I dug an Indianapolis 500 token with no date on it, a game token with a castle on it, a Smokey the Bear Token & a newer John Adams $1.00 Coin. I wish they were coins, but I'll take them.
We also got a few cool relics. I'll post them with the coins.

MangoAve
09-08-2014, 07:27 PM
These presidential coins seems to be popping up recently. I was first to post about one this year. They are still legal tender even tho the series was geared more toward collectors. And your post shows the reality of what u can go with asking permission. First 4 a no.. wow. But it happens. Still u got some different finds. I'm still debating to post about my Saturday hunt. It's just...."seriously I found these out in the woods?"

Bell-Two
09-08-2014, 09:04 PM
Nice bunch of tokens. The early Presidential coins were made for circulation, go to the bank and you can get plenty without a problem.

Full Metal Digger
09-08-2014, 10:04 PM
Nice finds Don. I like the Pontiac token the best and I think you should try to get a free sundae at DQ! BTW, the game token with the castle is from Aladdin. Best wishes and HH, Dave.

Beartoe
09-09-2014, 08:14 AM
Cool Tokens. I like finding them.

I posted a presidential token a couple days ago. Looks like the one you have here but Garfield. Is there a date on the edge?

Digger Don
09-09-2014, 08:45 AM
Cool Tokens. I like finding them.

I posted a presidential token a couple days ago. Looks like the one you have here but Garfield. Is there a date on the edge?
Yes there is. But it's unreadable, at least to me.

Tony Two-Cent
09-09-2014, 09:14 AM
Nice bunch of tokens, Don! :thumbsup02:

The John Adams dollar coin came out in 2007.

HEAVYMETALNUT
09-09-2014, 09:29 AM
very cool hunt.them aluminum tokens get your heart pumping when in the hole

Digger Don
09-09-2014, 10:32 AM
very cool hunt.them aluminum tokens get your heart pumping when in the hole
Yep, Big Time. Short lived adrenalin rush

aloldstuff
09-09-2014, 03:22 PM
Nice bunch of token. Last year I dug a Pontiac one. Great persistence onn your door knocking. I have to agree with everyone else, those tokens ring up so good.

del
09-10-2014, 02:36 PM
congrats on the tokens Don , they are a nice change from coins . :clapping:

BTV Digger
09-11-2014, 09:36 AM
Nice job Don. Agree with DaddyDigger that the Pontiac token is your best find. Advertising GM token from the 50s or so. The Alladin token more like the 70s/80s. Sorry to hear about the 4 "no's" in a row. I usually only have a couple of sites in mind at any given time, so if I got two "no's" in a row (never had that happen) I'd probably call it quits and head to the park or public woods. Awesome that you had the persistence.

John

Digger Don
09-11-2014, 01:36 PM
Nice job Don. Agree with DaddyDigger that the Pontiac token is your best find. Advertising GM token from the 50s or so. The Alladin token more like the 70s/80s. Sorry to hear about the 4 "no's" in a row. I usually only have a couple of sites in mind at any given time, so if I got two "no's" in a row (never had that happen) I'd probably call it quits and head to the park or public woods. Awesome that you had the persistence.

John We usually get a yes right away. Four is a record for us. We don't usually plan ahead, we just drive around until we both agree " Thats the One" .Then more often than not, we end up doing the neighbors as well.