PDA

View Full Version : Last Nights Radio show on inside detecting.me talking about cellar holes & detecting

HEAVYMETALNUT
09-11-2014, 11:26 PM
click the like and leave a comment if you wish to
http://en.1000mikes.com/show/inside_detecting_2

Cheap Thrills
09-12-2014, 02:03 AM
That was a great show Dave . It held my interest all the way thru . Being an older guy I've enjoyed radio talk shows for years , it was a really neat experience hearing one on metal detecting especially after having seen your many great finds and pictures over the last few years . I could flash back and visualize while the conversation went on . You guys hit on many facets of the detecting experience and each one was interesting .Of particular interest was the personal connection of the feelings that link us to the past in our searching and in our finds . Magic happens when you hold a nice find that has been in the ground for a long time .
I congratulate you on your many great finds and on surviving some pretty horrific events .I'm glad I took the time to listen to the show ( for me not to doze off on it at this hour of the night speaks volumes on how good it was ) .Good night and God bless .
:beerbuddy:

HEAVYMETALNUT
09-12-2014, 07:21 AM
That was a great show Dave . It held my interest all the way thru . Being an older guy I've enjoyed radio talk shows for years , it was a really neat experience hearing one on metal detecting especially after having seen your many great finds and pictures over the last few years . I could flash back and visualize while the conversation went on . You guys hit on many facets of the detecting experience and each one was interesting .Of particular interest was the personal connection of the feelings that link us to the past in our searching and in our finds . Magic happens when you hold a nice find that has been in the ground for a long time .
I congratulate you on your many great finds and on surviving some pretty horrific events .I'm glad I took the time to listen to the show ( for me not to doze off on it at this hour of the night speaks volumes on how good it was ) .Good night and God bless .
:beerbuddy:
wow thank you so much.very kind of you.thanks for listening!

Isaac
09-12-2014, 10:42 AM
Can't wait to listen to it later. Thanks for sharing!

Bell-Two
09-12-2014, 03:49 PM
Didn't catch it last night will listen to it later!

MangoAve
09-12-2014, 04:58 PM
Gahh. I tried 3x to listen to it. There was a download but it wouldn't work on my phone. Work blocks stuff even if u are on lunch/break when it's acceptable to surf. I did hit the download tab on main screen but I can't leave the page. Even if I try to go back to an app but leave Web page open it stops. I'll try again later but I did get a but past about yellowjackets.

I know it's hard to put a generalized answer but I know I sometimes get my arms and legs chewed up by the thorn bushes. Not just Barberry bushes yet the getting into the thick doesn't always yield the good finds. This is not any disagreement, just input. The fact u guys use gps, how close does it get you? Just curious as one time I knew an old church was located ironically on church street. I couldn't tell if it used to be the 30 ft path between yards or the older house on one side. I did dig some junk and found plate glass (like the broken windows you find near cellar holes) but no luck in coin department. I didn't use library to see if the property once was donated to town and added to school property. I know sometimes the gps will bring you close enough to find a cellar hole in the woods. A little more blatant to see a stone structure versus ground possibly reconstructed.

Trooper Bri
09-12-2014, 05:58 PM
Aw heck, missed it live. Shoulda posted you were going to be on. I'll click on it later.

Isaac
09-12-2014, 10:16 PM
Dave... that was GREAT!!! Love it!!! Thanks for posting! :thumbsup02: