PDA

View Full Version : 2 hour hunt after work* small site near road * 2 coppers & quite a few buttons

HEAVYMETALNUT
09-12-2014, 10:35 PM
Everytime I go to the Vetinarian's home to do some work I go down this road and this shallow i mean very shallow subtle depression always caught my eye.rock walls on each side going straight back.this area is about 75 wide and 150 feet deep between 2 modern homes.
I knocked on both homes and got the green light to try it awhile back.today I brought the MXT with me and after work stopped to give it a whirl.
1st target behind depression was a pewter spoon bowl! good sign!
next a button,take 2 steps bam solid 85 at 1 inch. a very nice petite head small lettered 1843 braided hair pops out,take 3 more steps another copper at 5 inches.a toasted hard times token it looks like(if anyone can ID the hard times token i'd like to see a good one ).buttons were poppin out everywhere.another pewter spoon bowl and broken stem.a whole harness spill of brass buckles,rings and copper rivets with leather still on them.
pretty sure this confirms a homesite or structure.spent 2 hours there and here's my take.

MangoAve
09-12-2014, 10:49 PM
A couple of those buttons still look quite good. I was thinking to say the braided hair looks like the crud will come off..but with the progression of pics I see u got it off. I didn't think there was time to have cleaned it yet figuring the hunt was this afternoon. A lot of finds in a small area.. well.. 1/4 acre.

Cheap Thrills
09-12-2014, 11:18 PM
Wow , that's a very productive two hours . Awesome .

Nesdore
09-13-2014, 01:02 AM
:wow: Great Hunt that LC has great detail how'd you clean it?:congrats:

HEAVYMETALNUT
09-13-2014, 01:22 AM
:wow: Great Hunt that LC has great detail how'd you clean it?:congrats:
warm water,soap and a toothbrush and some finger nailing :grin:

Isaac
09-13-2014, 07:09 AM
Great hunt Dave. That 1843 cleaned up really nice. Very productive "after-work" hunt! :)

aloldstuff
09-13-2014, 07:53 AM
First off, good eyeball on that slight depression. Second, for only a two hour hunt...fantastic finds. That 1843 cleaned up real nice and the buttons are great. The token has a lot of writing on it but I can't make it out. Hope someone can ID it for you.

Bell-Two
09-13-2014, 09:01 AM
Beautiful finds and a good example of seeing an opportunity and takin advantage of it. Can you read any of the words on the back of the Token?

HEAVYMETALNUT
09-13-2014, 09:13 AM
i can't read any of the words on token but there is a lot of words and they are all arched.thanks everyone!

BTV Digger
09-13-2014, 11:08 AM
Great quantity AND quality for just a two hour hunt! HTT lettering at top looks like it reads "PUBLISHERS" but that's all I can marginally make out and not sure that's correct. So many varieties on those tokens you may need to get a book or contact an expert.

John

kpmoose
09-13-2014, 07:22 PM
Great hunt Dave. Bet you'll be hitting it a couple more times after work. :thumbsup01:

Trooper Bri
09-13-2014, 07:52 PM
No hikes or bees, and lots of goodies. Very nice!

Skamaniac
09-14-2014, 07:13 PM
Good eyes on seeing the depression and congrats on some great finds.