PDA

View Full Version : 21 cents & a ring.

mownomo
09-13-2014, 06:01 PM
I went back to the site where I had so much interference (my friends former home). I set the AT Pro to zero in pro mode, reduced the sensitivity about 2/3rds and set out swinging. About twelve feet into my trek the mid tone read 55 at about 4 inches. I thought it was some trash as before, but just for grins I dug it and EUREKA!! The illusive ring was found. My friend is going to freak out. Thanks so much to all of you for your advice. There is nothing like experience in this game.

aloldstuff
09-13-2014, 06:10 PM
WTG on recovering that ring. If you can please post some pictures of your return with your friend. Karma coming your way.

BTV Digger
09-13-2014, 06:26 PM
Congrats and goes to show some experimentation with your machine can yield some great results.

John

MangoAve
09-13-2014, 07:11 PM
Wow. Never thought that machine modes could be that temperamental. I don't thing I gain much from different modes, that's why I keep it as it powers up then change sensitivity based upon whether the area is trashy or not. I sometimes add iron back to the mix ti make sure I'm getting hits at least and to guess how active the area was based upon the iron. And pinpoint only to find the smaller area to dig, or find out if a huge area for cans or big iron.

Congrats on finally getting the ring.

coinnut
09-13-2014, 07:57 PM
Congrats on finding that ring :clapping: They will definitely be shocked :shocked04: and really happy I'm sure :happy: :lol: Reducing your sensitivity worked well in allowing you to choose how you want to hear your machine's signals. There are endless ways to be creative in operating your machine. Be creative and you will be very successful.....I guess you have already started :thumbsup01:

Digger Don
09-13-2014, 08:23 PM
Awesome Find. That had to be a great feeling pulling that out of the hole. Did I mention "AWESOME"

Skamaniac
09-14-2014, 01:32 PM
Well, we can scratch that off our "to do" list! Congrats on a great find!

mownomo
09-14-2014, 05:13 PM
My friend drove down this afternoon and after 7 years is reunited with his wedding band. I thank God for this opportunity to do something good for a deserving person.

mownomo
09-14-2014, 05:17 PM
Well, we can scratch that off our "to do" list! Congrats on a great find!
We'll, if we meet up this fall we'll have something fun to do.

Isaac
09-14-2014, 05:19 PM
Great story! Great find! Great return!!! :perfect10: Thanks for posting!!!

mownomo
09-14-2014, 06:25 PM
Awesome Find. That had to be a great feeling pulling that out of the hole. Did I mention "AWESOME"
You're right. Not only was it my first significant find, it was a personal quest come true. AWESOME!!!!