PDA

View Full Version : Walker And Nine Silver Dimes

angellionel
06-15-2010, 09:07 PM
Yesterday I didn't get a chance to go detecting in the afternoon as I had hoped, but I more than made up for it today. I headed to a local park, one midas and I had detected back in early April. Today I worked the area near and around a line of large trees, slowly working the coil over the abundance of trash that layer that particular area. I dug my share of trash, but I also managed to dig up ten silver coins - nine dimes and a 1941 Walking Liberty half.

The Walking Liberty half was slightly on edge and was only about 7 1/2 inches deep.

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2010/June/1941walkerinsoil_061510.jpg

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2010/June/1941walker_061510.jpg

The silver dimes are dated 1919-S, 1920, 1920, 1937-S, 1941, 1943-S, 1957-D, 1956, and 1962-D

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2010/June/silverdimes_061510.jpg

I also dug up several wheat cents, plus a good amount of clad coins.

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2010/June/wheatcents_061510.jpg

HH!

xzlr8n
06-15-2010, 09:32 PM
:shocked04: Hat off to you and your ability to find the gooood stufffff!! I was out with my hunting buddy Don for about 4 hrs today at another older house with hopes of Silver. However we had zilch in the silver department, 2 wheats, about fifty other newer coins, and lots of junk. I just think people were poor in my area back in the silver days. Anyway, BIG Congrats :thumbsup01:. My silver total for the year is 8 :bangshead01: you out did that in one outing ----- simply amazing :twirlingeyes:. Can you show us a picture of your trash pile so I can get a sense on the amount of trash you pick through.

Geodawn
06-15-2010, 09:37 PM
Holy Mackerel...what a day! :twirlingeyes: Dream day for sure!

What did the Walker ID as?

Epi-hunter
06-15-2010, 09:39 PM
What happened to your silver counter in the signature Angel?

And, why didn't you stick around at that site for another half hour (doing the math at silvers per minute) and find two more to make 400? :cheesysmile: :dontknow:

That is a beautiful silver half. :yes: :thumbsup01: But please leave some in the ground for me. :boxing: :lol:

randy
06-15-2010, 09:47 PM
Amazing. :thumbsup01: What else is there to say :crazy:

Ill Digger
06-15-2010, 10:11 PM
:shocked04: Holy heart attack Angelman!!!
Thats just off the charts :cool:
I would like to see your daily trash collection sometime also.
Congrats on a awesome hunt ! :grin:

Beefcake
06-15-2010, 10:44 PM
Amazing silver haul! Have you hit the 400 mark yet?

angellionel
06-15-2010, 10:53 PM
Thanks everyone! :)

:shocked04: Hat off to you and your ability to find the gooood stufffff!! I was out with my hunting buddy Don for about 4 hrs today at another older house with hopes of Silver. However we had zilch in the silver department, 2 wheats, about fifty other newer coins, and lots of junk. I just think people were poor in my area back in the silver days. Anyway, BIG Congrats :thumbsup01:. My silver total for the year is 8 :bangshead01: you out did that in one outing ----- simply amazing :twirlingeyes:. Can you show us a picture of your trash pile so I can get a sense on the amount of trash you pick through.

Thanks! :thumbsup01: I did take a photo of the trash I dug up at the town common this past Sunday, but I didn't take a photo of the trash I dug up today. :duh: I'll have to remember to do so the next time out. :yes:

Holy Mackerel...what a day! :twirlingeyes: Dream day for sure!

What did the Walker ID as?

The Fe/Co numbers on this WLH were reading more closely to that of a silver quarter, hitting with Fe of 10 and 11 and Co of 47 and 48. I think it was because the coin was on edge. :confused: More usual would be a reading of Fe between 6 to 8 and Co of 46 to 47. :yes:

What happened to your silver counter in the signature Angel?

And, why didn't you stick around at that site for another half hour (doing the math at silvers per minute) and find two more to make 400? :cheesysmile: :dontknow:

That is a beautiful silver half. :yes: :thumbsup01: But please leave some in the ground for me. :boxing: :lol:

Perhaps I should add the counter again. :confused: I probably could have picked up the two silver coins I needed to make 400 but I already had other things I had to do, so I left - but grudgingly so. :cheesysmile:

I'm sure there are plenty more halves just waiting for someone to come along and rescue them. ;)

Amazing silver haul! Have you hit the 400 mark yet?

Thanks, Brian. The count is currently at 398. :)

Phil
06-16-2010, 12:16 AM
Congratulations on a great hunt! I would get bored finding that much silver. Not really but it sounded good when I typed it.:rofl: It's amazing what is still left in the ground for us to find. Too bad most of us walk right over it never realizing what we missed. :grin:

coinnut
06-16-2010, 04:40 AM
Well at least the silver is starting to surface again :lol: Nice haul. Some of them early dates are in pretty good shape! You may just hit 400 before the end of the year :lol:

del
06-16-2010, 06:04 AM
its just amazing that there is still so much silver out there to be recovered , huge congrats on the coins Angel.

You may just hit 400 before the end of the year :lol:

hit 400 before the end of the year :duh: :rolleyes:
alright Angel i'll hold him while you give him a good old fashioned beating. :bop: :blackeye: :lol: :lol:

sjv
06-16-2010, 07:16 AM
Wow nice finds! Was that the Minelab E-Trac u used? Been thing about getting me one some day. Gonna need some help learning the machine, though (hint.hint Umm coinnut). Anybody with his experience would help also. If I could find coins like that in the parks, I wouldn't have to go in the woods that much. Although I love those Colonials. :grin:. Gonna have to wait til I have the cash though. Does the E-trac scan like the Whites( a cone ) or does it get more of a rake pattern? Sorry to get off the topic of your finds buddie. Those are definitely a good days hunt. Mass. is a big state with many old parks I'm sure. Cograt's again. :)

angellionel
06-16-2010, 09:08 AM
Congratulations on a great hunt! I would get bored finding that much silver. Not really but it sounded good when I typed it. :rofl: It's amazing what is still left in the ground for us to find. Too bad most of us walk right over it never realizing what we missed. :grin:

:lol: :lol:

I don't think you would ever get bored.:lol: Yes, it really is amazing what still remains to be found, particularly at parks, given how often they have been worked over the years. :yes:

its just amazing that there is still so much silver out there to be recovered , huge congrats on the coins Angel.

hit 400 before the end of the year :duh: :rolleyes:
alright Angel i'll hold him while you give him a good old fashioned beating. :bop: :blackeye: :lol: :lol:

:rofl:

I think now I may go on a silver drought until December, so he may end up being right after all. :lol:

Wow nice finds! Was that the Minelab E-Trac u used? Been thing about getting me one some day. Gonna need some help learning the machine, though (hint.hint Umm coinnut). Anybody with his experience would help also. If I could find coins like that in the parks, I wouldn't have to go in the woods that much. Although I love those Colonials. :grin:. Gonna have to wait til I have the cash though. Does the E-trac scan like the Whites( a cone ) or does it get more of a rake pattern? Sorry to get off the topic of your finds buddie. Those are definitely a good days hunt. Mass. is a big state with many old parks I'm sure. Cograt's again. :)

Yes, I was using the E-Trac. It's the only machine I have been using since May of last year. :yes: The E-Trac has an 11 Double-D coil so the generated signal is blade shaped allowing for a more uniformed ground coverage.

catskillcomics
06-16-2010, 11:39 AM
Gee Angel.. don't you find anything good these days :lol:

Great find pal! still working on getting an E-trac

ProPointer
06-16-2010, 12:08 PM
Hello Angel,

Once again, I'am not surprised there's some silver in any of your topics. Great hunt, as always! :thumbsup01:

Thanks for sharing,
ProPointer

Cheap Thrills
06-16-2010, 01:32 PM
What can I say ? :envious: Nice going once again Angel !! :thumbsup01: :thumbsup01:

Beefcake
06-17-2010, 08:25 PM
Angel, How many did you have last year:huh: I forget?

z118
06-17-2010, 08:30 PM
I should have figured that as I was find one lonely silver Rosie tonight and feeling pretty good about it that you would go ahead and post some insane silver hoard like this... :lol: unreal!!!

Congrats!

angellionel
06-17-2010, 08:41 PM
Angel, How many did you have last year:huh: I forget?

Last year's total was 447. :yes: I'm hoping to equal or surpass that amount before the end of June. :shocked01:

I should have figured that as I was find one lonely silver Rosie tonight and feeling pretty good about it that you would go ahead and post some insane silver hoard like this... :lol: unreal!!!

Congrats!

I didn't do bad today either. :lol: I'll be posting my finds shortly. :)