PDA

View Full Version : Hello from West Central Missouri

Speed
09-18-2014, 09:18 PM
Hello everyone.

My name is Charles and I'm new to detecting. I have a Treasure Tracker DX-8000 left to me by a relative. We have used it over the years but lately I've really been interested in taking it up as a hobby. I have always been interested in history, archeology, and arrowhead hunting and the like.

Recently purchased a Teknetics Delta 4000. I own an older home and have been finding a few things in the yard that I wanted to explore more. I am also interested in finding other places to hunt and people to hunt with.

I've been reading a couple of forums and wanted to say hello.

-Speed

Jeff (or)
09-19-2014, 12:09 AM
Welcome to the forum! Detecting is a excellent hobby. Sounds like you are starting out right. Plus the Tek Delta 4000 is a very capable detector for finding the goodies! If you have any questions, let us know and we will try to help. Best advise? Practice and have fun!.

del
09-19-2014, 02:30 AM
Hello and welcome Charles , theres lots of great history in Missouri I'm sure . I hope you get to share some with us very soon , congrats with your new machine purchase . Glad you made your way here.

Dan

Lowjiber
09-19-2014, 06:18 AM
Welcome to the forum from a south-central Missouri Hillbilly.:) Born in Waynesville and raised in Devils Elbow.

Full Metal Digger
09-19-2014, 06:19 AM
Welcome to the forum! Lot's of great stories and advice here for sure. I look forward to seeing your posts and finds. I don't think we have anyone from your area on here (that I can think of). HH, Dave.

Tony Two-Cent
09-19-2014, 07:52 AM
Welcome from Illinois! :waving:

Glad you joined our forum, Charles! Best of luck with your detecting, and we are looking forward to your participation on the forum. :yes:

aloldstuff
09-19-2014, 08:18 AM
Welcome from western MA. I lived in O'Fallon for about a year many years ago. Looking forward to your future participation here and your future finds (we love pictures)

Digger Don
09-19-2014, 08:38 PM
Hello and welcome from Northern Illinois. you'll be glad you found us. There are a lot of knowledgeable people here.
Looking forward to your posts.

Skamaniac
09-20-2014, 12:44 AM
Welcome from Washington state. :waving:

mownomo
09-20-2014, 10:29 AM
Welcome from Texas Charles. Good luck on your hunting and show us your finds.