PDA

View Full Version : Short hunt testing the x-5 coil

coinnut
06-16-2010, 12:08 PM
Got my x-5 coil for the E Trac on Monday and just had to try it out right away. The grass can wait lol So I went to a house that I've hunted many times and found some more targets. The smaller items, a Jefferson, a Wheat, and the skeleton key were found in areas I already hunted with the 15x12, 11 coils ( E trac) and with the 4x6 and 9.5 coils (DFX). The other clad coins on the left of the picture were found along the road where I haven't been before. The coil seems to get great depth for it's size. I believe in real heavy trash it would perform quite well. I'll have to check it out at a cellar hole, where I really want it to work for me lol I was running it with no discrimination, Ferrous sounds, two tones. I ran anywhere from 24 - 26 on my sensitivity (manual). Because of the heavy electrical wires along the road, it would chatter from the EMI too much if I went any higher. You should have heard the machine gun sounds from all the nails around the house. In some areas, it was non stop grunting lol But good non ferrous targets would come in as long as you go slow. I needed a small coil, and this one is a keeper for me.

angellionel
06-16-2010, 02:14 PM
I've been considering getting a smaller coil too. That one sounds like a winner, especially if depth is good for its size. I have some sites were it could be put to the test. :yes:

coinnut
06-16-2010, 07:45 PM
I've been considering getting a smaller coil too. That one sounds like a winner, especially if depth is good for its size. I have some sites were it could be put to the test. :yes:

The trashier the better. I bet with a lot of practice, many different settings for different hunts could be found. If those programs are developed, it will be a killer coil. Tests, tests, and more tests lol You are welcomed to borrow it if you wish. I haven't tried it in multi conduct yet. I just ran it wide open, ferrous. Would love to see it in an extremely trashy, extremely old park :yes:

angellionel
06-16-2010, 08:03 PM
The trashier the better. I bet with a lot of practice, many different settings for different hunts could be found. If those programs are developed, it will be a killer coil. Tests, tests, and more tests lol You are welcomed to borrow it if you wish. I haven't tried it in multi conduct yet. I just ran it wide open, ferrous. Would love to see it in an extremely trashy, extremely old park :yes:

Thanks for the offer, George. I just may take you up on it. thumbsup01 I would use Conductive tones with the coil at the very trashy sites. I bet those silver coins would sing as the coil passes over them. :drool: Of course, I would have to move as slow as a snail. lol

Epi-hunter
06-20-2010, 04:18 PM
Nice... I love those coins!! :grin: