PDA

View Full Version : 3 More Silvers and a lonely Indian

Digger Don
09-21-2014, 02:39 PM
Digger Al and I met up with Tony Two-cent Saturday for another hunt. Finds were hard to come by for me, but I did manage a cool 5 Cent token, a few wheats and an 1895 Indian Head. Alec dug a Rosie, a Soap Token, a couple of Cow Bells and a few wheats.
While we were there, a local detectorist stopped by and basically told us we were wasting our time because he's been hunting these spots for 30 years. All I can say about that is, read Tony Two-cent's post for Saturday.
Sunday morning I headed out to a spot that Zrickkid told me about. It was an old sports field that they were stripping the grass off of. Unfortunately, it rained for a couple of hours last night and it was a muddy mess. So, I decided to door knock a couple of 1900s houses while I was there. I got permission to detect two houses. ( Parkway only on both ). The first one I dug a 1928 Merc. a religious pendant, a couple of lamp finials and one wheat cent. At the second house I dug a 1917 merc, a Smiley face Token, a Clown Face Token and two wheat Cents. Thanks for looking.

aloldstuff
09-21-2014, 03:16 PM
Always ask the age old question to the person who says that, "what type of detector are you using". Obviously not that good of a detector. :congrats:on your finds from a spot that has been detected for 30 years.

Tony Two-Cent
09-21-2014, 08:41 PM
I always love it when somebody tells me, "You'll never find anything here, I've hunted it out". I guess we showed him! :lol:

Congrats on your finds, Don. I do really like that Colonial Buffet token. I've never seen a trade token shaped like that before. Very cool and unusual.

I'm curious about the Wenona Illinois medallion too. I wonder what it is? Neat find.

Nice looking Indian Head and a couple of older Mercs too! :clapping:

:congrats:

Nesdore
09-22-2014, 07:04 AM
:clapping: Don you seem to always find them cool tokens :thumbsup01: Yet another great weekend for you and Al. Gotta love them Indians and the 2 mercs great score:grin:

Beartoe
09-22-2014, 09:38 AM
When the guy told you it was hunted out , he must have meant the top 2 inches of ground.

A most excellent hunt. :thumbsup02:

wisconsin digger
09-22-2014, 02:16 PM
That is a really unique rectangular Token you guys found. Tokens are just great History. I saw Tony's video on the 2 cent piece and I guess that must of been a "recently lost coin" as recent as 100+++ years ago. Great finds especially in areas that have been hit. WD

Epi-hunter
09-22-2014, 03:40 PM
Beautiful finds Don! Love the patina on that IH and the tokens are very cool! :congrats: :groovy:

del
09-23-2014, 06:50 AM
Some really "solid" finds there , you two are doing extremely well this year :perfect10: