PDA

View Full Version : Walking Silver Rose

Ill Digger
09-21-2014, 11:32 PM
Ted and I headed out about 9 am today for a all dayer.
We decided to head north and check out a few parks across the border in Wisconsin. :pirate:The first park was a let down. The second park was loaded with clad! We each managed 1 wheatie there. So we decided to try a little door knocking. Got the green light for a old house that's been turned into a duplex rental on a corner lot. We're thinking this place may have been hit before. We each managed a few more wheats there. Then I realized we weren't too far from the beach where we had my sons birthday party this summer. Thats when things got interesting....:yahoo:
I managed 5 silver coins , a silver rose ring :smitten:, 2 Buffs and 15 wheaties!!!

Handful of keeper tonight after the hunt!
http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx310/IllDigger/IMG_20140921_202642_zpsb4idwfif.jpg (http://s766.photobucket.com/user/IllDigger/media/IMG_20140921_202642_zpsb4idwfif.jpg.html)

Here's the silver cleaned and lined up.
http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx310/IllDigger/IMG_20140921_213705_zpsiodhc5nc.jpg (http://s766.photobucket.com/user/IllDigger/media/IMG_20140921_213705_zpsiodhc5nc.jpg.html)

The new E-Trac seems to be working good! :yes:

Thanks for lookin' & HH!! :peace:

don in ny
09-22-2014, 05:01 AM
Great hunting. That walker doesn't happen to have a "D" on the back does it? It's in really nice condition.

aloldstuff
09-22-2014, 05:34 AM
The last site is always the one to produce. Very nice handful of keepers especially all the silvers. How long did you hunt the beach?

:congrats:on that handful of keepers

Full Metal Digger
09-22-2014, 06:30 AM
Dang Tim, you are tearing it up lately! That beach seems to be loaded. That walker looks like it was an early drop too. Congrats my friend and HH, Dave.

Tony Two-Cent
09-22-2014, 07:44 AM
Terrific hunt, Tim! :thumbsup02:

Great bunch of coins, especially that beautiful Walking Liberty Half! :loveit:

I really like that silver rose ring too, I bet it has some age to it.

That beach certainly has paid off for you. Are these coins in the sand, or a grassy area?

:congrats:

Digger Don
09-22-2014, 08:16 AM
Congrats on another Great hunt, Tim. The Walker seems to be in pretty nice shape. I really like the ring. I found a Silver Rose ring earlier in the season, my wife hasn't taken it off since.
That new machine seems to be working excellent. :perfect10:

Beartoe
09-22-2014, 09:34 AM
A handfull of silver for sure. :wow:

Ill Digger
09-22-2014, 10:25 PM
Great hunting. That walker doesn't happen to have a "D" on the back does it? It's in really nice condition.Unfortunately there is no "D" mint mark. :crying01: I had to look it up after reading your question. I read your responce today while I was at work and HOURS away from my red book.:hairpulling: :twirlingeyes:
Now I see why you asked. :lol:

The last site is always the one to produce. Very nice handful of keepers especially all the silvers. How long did you hunt the beach?

:congrats:on that handful of keepersThanks Al! Thank goodness the last place produced! I was getting a little burnt out early. Specially after the door knock was a let down. We hunted the beach for 3 hours or better.

Dang Tim, you are tearing it up lately! That beach seems to be loaded. That walker looks like it was an early drop too. Congrats my friend and HH, Dave.Thanks Dave! The Walker is in pretty good shape. It has a little wear, but nothin' to make me want to rebury it. :lol:

Terrific hunt, Tim! :thumbsup02:

Great bunch of coins, especially that beautiful Walking Liberty Half! :loveit:

I really like that silver rose ring too, I bet it has some age to it.

That beach certainly has paid off for you. Are these coins in the sand, or a grassy area?

:congrats:Thanks Tony! I really... really like this ring! It's such a cool design! When I found it the rose head was sticking out of the side of the hole. :shocked01: :confused:I didn't know what it was. But I knew it was made of silver, what ever it was! :happydance01::lol: All these coins came from the grassy area away from the water and sand. I imagine the people sitting in the shade, laying on their towels, having lunch or a snack escaping the sun and drooling silver all over the place for me to come along many years later to find! :yahoo::lol:

Congrats on another Great hunt, Tim. The Walker seems to be in pretty nice shape. I really like the ring. I found a Silver Rose ring earlier in the season, my wife hasn't taken it off since.
That new machine seems to be working excellent. :perfect10:Thanks Don!
You found a silver rose ring too!?! :shocked04:
Really? Let me see it! :drool:
Post it here. :popcorn::popcorn:

Nesdore
09-22-2014, 10:35 PM
Congrats Tim that New E trac is really kicking butt. I love the walker great score :clapping:

Lodge Scent
09-24-2014, 06:08 AM
Nice haul !