PDA

View Full Version : A Bucket List that was not on my Bucket List

wisconsin digger
09-22-2014, 02:01 PM
Been having some moderate success when I tried a new spot I have driven by several times. The first time was later at night and only had 45 minutes or so to hunt. The little park produced 7 Wheaties which convinced there had to be silver. When I had more time I returned and was convinced in the 3 hours I had that a silver was there to be found. After a good amount of time and only finding clad and a handful of wheats I got a really nice signal at 7-8". It was a higher reading so I was convinced I had silver. I dug way down before the pinpointer even hit anything. After a little more digging I found what I thought was another wheatie. I rubbed it some and saw right away it was not a wheat but something else. I put it in my pouch and continued hunting. I was able to find 3 Merc's which was way beyondmy expectation, but I was more anxious to see what the mystery coin was. After soap and water cleaning it turned out to be a Civil War Token dated 1863 from the Phillip best Brewery in Milwaukee Wis. I never thought I would find any of these and in really nice shape. Not quite as neat as the Indian Spear Point but a real close second. Included some views of the Token as well as last weeks hunts. Really neat Token and I would love to see some posts of Tokens others have found. Time to get out and do some more digging. Wisconsin Digger

del
09-22-2014, 03:30 PM
what a great token :smitten: WD , its always cool to find pieces of local history:groovy:!!

Epi-hunter
09-22-2014, 05:39 PM
I love it! Very cool!!! :congrats: :groovy:

Digger Don
09-22-2014, 06:54 PM
I love digging old tokens, and yours is really cool. Great shape for its age.
The mercs & Rosie aint bad either.:congrats:

Beartoe
09-22-2014, 06:58 PM
The beer token is a way cool find. :beerbuddy:

aloldstuff
09-22-2014, 07:17 PM
Huge :congrats:on that token and the silvers. Of course the Wheaties which brought you back to the park in the 1st place.

That token is in real good shape.

Ill Digger
09-22-2014, 09:58 PM
Thats the coolest civil war era store token I've seen!! :cool:
Congrats on finding that great piece of local history! :grin:
I know "Fire Fighter 43" has found a couple of store cards too.
Not sure what business they are from? But still great finds! I've never found one. :envious:

wisconsin digger
09-22-2014, 10:46 PM
Based on where Fire Fighter 43 said he was from in Wisconsin this Token was found not that far from where he lives. The Beer glass on the Token is just to cool. WD

Ill Digger
09-22-2014, 11:18 PM
The Beer glass on the Token is just to cool. WD My thoughts exactly!! :cool: :thumbsup02:
Only in Wisconsin....:beerbuddy: :lol:

Thiltzy
09-23-2014, 04:29 PM
Really cool token and a piece of local history. Great find!

wisconsin digger
09-26-2014, 03:35 PM
It's turning out to be a decent park as I am finding a fair share of silver. So the Token was a bonus. WD

Jim D
09-28-2014, 01:54 AM
Just saw your post on the great looking store house token!:thumbsup01: Here is a pick of one I found last year.4290742908

wisconsin digger
09-28-2014, 12:57 PM
It's amazing the quality of these coins. That's a great looking token. WD

milco
11-03-2014, 07:23 PM
That is a great Best token! Nice find! There are a number of varieties from Best in that vintage, very cool find! Congrats!