PDA

View Full Version : Four Bits

Beartoe
09-23-2014, 08:36 AM
Yesterday evening I was hunting along a stream in a local park. As always I picked up some clad but I also found these two beauties.

The coin is a Nickle-Copper blend. It is the size of a U.S. half dollar. It was about 7 inch deep in the muddy stream bank.

It appears I clipped the wing of the eagle pendent, but I did find the broken piece when I rechecked the hole with my PP. This is the second eagle pendent I have found in the last week. The pendent is pewter and the chain is non-silver.

Tony Two-Cent
09-23-2014, 08:46 AM
Wow, I love that Canadian half dollar! That's an unusual find for sure. I don't think I've ever seen one posted before.

Nice! :clapping:

:congrats:

Beartoe
09-23-2014, 10:36 AM
Wow, I love that Canadian half dollar! That's an unusual find for sure. I don't think I've ever seen one posted before.

Nice! :clapping:

:congrats:

The coin fooled me too. At first glance with Queen Elizabeth on the face, I thought it was Canadian also. I believe Burmuda is a part of the British Commonwealth. I have never seen a Canadian half dollar and this is the first half I have seen from Burmuda

Tony Two-Cent
09-23-2014, 10:40 AM
The coin fooled me too. At first glance with Queen Elizabeth on the face, I thought it was Canadian also. I believe Burmuda is a part of the British Commonwealth. I have never seen a Canadian half dollar and this is the first half I have seen from Burmuda

Duh on me. Of course it's from Bermuda. Not very observant, am I? :duh: :lol:

Nesdore
09-23-2014, 11:50 AM
:rofl: Tony you must've not had your glasses on ;)....but at first glance it does look like a canadian coin Great find :clapping:

aloldstuff
09-23-2014, 12:14 PM
Never seen on of those half dollars before. Now is it from Canada or Bermuda????? Just kidding. Nice find and thanks for posting it.