PDA

View Full Version : Weekend's Finds

OxShoeDrew
09-23-2014, 05:16 PM
I've been hitting the fields as I'm hesitant to venture into the woods with all these horror stories of yellow jackets. :shocked01:
The IH is a 1902, the oldest wheat is a 1919, the WLH is 1943, and my first btw. The batwing looks super old...I know there is some disagreement as to the age of these things but this one looks old.
I also dug tons of trash at this newer site. You park hunters earn your keep :notworthy:
Anyone know what that strip is? Has a kinda Budweiser look to it. I was hoping it was old though. Thanks, Drew

Full Metal Digger
09-23-2014, 05:29 PM
Congrats on some nice finds! Looks like a strip of silver that was cut from a round silver item. Perhaps to make a ring? What does the other side look like?

aloldstuff
09-23-2014, 05:42 PM
No idea on that strip. :congrats:on your WLH and other keepers.

Bell-Two
09-23-2014, 06:21 PM
That's a good hunt in my book, that strip is real puzzler!

kpmoose
09-23-2014, 06:26 PM
Congrats Drew. Love the WLH & batwing buckle. :thumbsup01:

del
09-23-2014, 06:32 PM
nice finds Drew , the buckle does look to be an older design

Looks like a strip of silver that was cut from a round silver item. Perhaps to make a ring? What does the other side look like?

I agree maybe from a designed pocket watch back cover

Trooper Bri
09-23-2014, 07:43 PM
Cool goodies Drew. That strip is an odd find. Looks like a nice design on it. That graduated texture looks like something from paper money.

MangoAve
09-24-2014, 06:51 AM
Whats the item near the tiled button? Another button? Just looks odd with the extra silver piece. Congrats on all those buckles.

That graduated texture looks like something from paper money.

:lol: Fifty dowwa biw. Fifty dowwa biw.
Like a fake plate for printing press? Idk Drew, the strip is part of something that was about 2" diameter. I know you didn't think it was a coin but it's bigger than a silver dollar. The scribe work is intricate. Not sure what besides a watch would have that. The piece itself gives a teaser to figure out what the heck is on it. The two diamond shape is unbalanced. It's only to one side of the strip. The top looks like the point of a wing. Two plus inches is kinda big for a pocket watch. Did you check how thick it is?

Beartoe
09-24-2014, 08:00 AM
Nice silver! :wow:

That strip puts me in mind of paper money also. It would be interesting to find out what it is.

OxShoeDrew
09-24-2014, 03:49 PM
Thanks Dave, Al, Tony, Kevin...the back is blank Dave. Yeah, it may be a pocket watch back (Dan-hope you're feeling better), My first thought, Brian, Bear and Jim, was dollar bill like art work. :huh: Actually my first thought was Budweiser :lol:
Jim, that thingy on the right has fake diamonds all around the other side. I don't know what that is either but I didn't want to tax everyone here :lol:

Ronandari
09-24-2014, 05:12 PM
Congrats on your first Walking Liberty Drew. They are such a pretty coin, one of my favorites.

Ron

HEAVYMETALNUT
09-24-2014, 08:04 PM
nice hunt! some great coins & relics.the cut piece is def silver.don't let yellow jackets scare ya.no pain no gain!:groovy:

Lodge Scent
09-25-2014, 10:25 AM
Nice digs Drew. A pile of horse hardware, couple of cool silvers....is the green thing with a sunburst pattern a button ?

OxShoeDrew
09-25-2014, 02:54 PM
Thanks Ron and Dave... Jeff, yeah a beauty of a dandy button. :cheesysmile:

Skamaniac
09-25-2014, 09:34 PM
Some nice finds there!

Ill Digger
09-25-2014, 10:44 PM
Looks like a fun hunt Drew! :thumbsup01:
Lots of interesting finds, a nice Walker!
:clapping: Congrats on your first!! :yahoo:

Two plus inches is kinda big for a pocket watch. Did you check how thick it is?
The silver strip... :thinkingabout:
I agree with everyone here.
1. It has that "paper money" look to it.
2. I can see the Budweiser logo
3. It probably came from something round and flat. Like a pocket watch back.
If it's too big around to be a pocket watch back. Maybe it's a piece of a vintage sterling silver snuff can lid? :dontknow:
I know some of those are pretty intricate. Google vintage sterling silver snuff can lids. Lots of designs. :twirlingeyes: