PDA

View Full Version : Super 300

Beartoe
09-24-2014, 08:28 AM
I have three coils for use with my V3i. 4X6 shooter, the stock 10DD and the Super 300/12 inch coil. Most often I use the 10DD as it has good depth and the majority of my finds are less than 7 inch deep.

I have picked up a Large Cent at 11 inch and have located spent 22 cartridges at 6-7 inch with the 10DD.

I was wondering if any of you folk use the 12 inch on a regular basis. It is a bit heavy and when it comes to hunting in and around woods or brushy enviroments it is cumbersome.

I just can not seem to get the hang of this 12 inch coil except when hunting mowed lawns.

Ronandari
09-24-2014, 04:59 PM
I'm no help on the Super 12 Beartoe. I use the 10x12SEF which is bad enough in brush. I'll bet that coil would be beautiful in an open field though.

Ron

del
09-24-2014, 05:33 PM
yes the bigger concentric coil doesn't get much more depth (if any at all) than the D2 it was designed for more coverage.

Trooper Bri
09-24-2014, 06:48 PM
Wanna borrow the redonkulous 18x15 coil mine came with Bear? A 12 will seem like a drink coaster after that. :lol:

Beartoe
09-25-2014, 03:45 PM
Wanna borrow the redonkulous 18x15 coil mine came with Bear? A 12 will seem like a drink coaster after that. :lol:

Does the 18X15 come with wheels :hystericallaugh:

CyberSage
09-25-2014, 07:12 PM
yes the bigger concentric coil doesn't get much more depth (if any at all) than the D2 it was designed for more coverage.

Del is correct. I have used the Super12 coil on the MXT, DFX, and V3/V3i detectors. In all but very low mineralization strength soils the Super12 does not offer any depth advantage on the MXT, or V3/V3i. For some reason I got very deep performance on the DFX using the Super12 in combination with a Corrolate based program though. This was in moderate soil. I have a love/hate relationship with the D2 coil. With a good D2 coil you can really hit the deep ones on the V3, and the MXT. I have not used it much on the DFX. Here is a link to the program I had great success with on the DFX. I have included comments, and detail on how I came to choose the settings. I was really into the DX1 probe at the time so there is some info on it as well. I did recreate this program on the V3, but I just could not get the performance out of it...

http://home.comcast.net/~whitesdfx/Super12.pdf

Beartoe
09-26-2014, 12:56 PM
http://home.comcast.net/~whitesdfx/Super12.pdf[/URL]

Thank you Cybersage. An excellent bit of information :thumbsup01:

CyberSage
09-26-2014, 10:23 PM
Your welcome Beartoe! I hope it helps you with your coils choices. Please share your results with us. With the wide selection of settings, and coil choices there is still so much to learn. I really enjoy seeing what folks come up with regarding technique, and adjustments. Always room to learn more about this crazy hobby. ;)

Jack