PDA

View Full Version : Recent finds: silver, IH's and relics

Mr. Digger
09-24-2014, 10:38 AM
Not much lately in the Colonial finds department but I was happy to have pulled some IH's and silver dimes...including my first silver Canadian coin (1964). I found the two pocket watches in a late 1800's bottle dump I was rummaging through. I guess when they broke they were considered trash and they just threw them away? The varnish company was in business in 1910. The silver plated baby spoon says "Parker House - 1927" on the back...a souvenir from the year that the Boston hotel was built. I thought I had found my first saddle shield but after research I came to find out that the brass shield with the "F" on it is a monogrammed badge that went on radiator caps for cars back in the 20'w and 30's. My coolest find was that 1898 "Back Bay Cycle" badge. The company was owned by a guy named W.T. McCullough and his business was on the corner of Mass Ave and Boylston in Boston. The next year he changed the name of the company to "Back Bay Cycle & Motor Co." and was one of the first companies in Boston selling "horsesless carriages". Thanks for looking and HH!

aloldstuff
09-24-2014, 03:09 PM
That Back Bay Cycle co badge is the neatest thing. You got yourself some great relics, but you forgot to mention the car. :congrats:on some great items.

Full Metal Digger
09-24-2014, 04:50 PM
Awesome finds and I also like the car and bicycle head badge!

Ronandari
09-24-2014, 05:04 PM
That is a nice bunch of finds you got there Mr Digger. I really love finding Indians.

Ron

Beartoe
09-25-2014, 07:40 AM
Oh Man ! That was a great hunt. Some beautiful old coins, silvers, IH and a memorial. And then you topped it off with some superb relics. That hunt was a :perfect10:

Mr. Digger
09-25-2014, 03:22 PM
That Back Bay Cycle co badge is the neatest thing. You got yourself some great relics, but you forgot to mention the car. :congrats:on some great items.

Yeah, that car is a "Manoil #708" made in USA. The Google tells me it's from the 30's or 40's I guess.

Mr. Digger
09-25-2014, 03:25 PM
Oh Man ! That was a great hunt. Some beautiful old coins, silvers, IH and a memorial. And then you topped it off with some superb relics. That hunt was a :perfect10:

Hey Beartoe thanks for the kind words but I guess I should have been more clear in my post that these were from a few recent hunts....not one. I sure wish I could find that many keepers in one hunt but in reality those finds were from multiple hunts over the last couple of weeks!

OxShoeDrew
09-25-2014, 04:35 PM
I'm with the others, that bicycle badge is awesome! Those indians are in better shape than I find around here. Nice going!

Digger Don
09-25-2014, 07:53 PM
all your coins look great. congrats
The bike badge is my favorite. Very Cool