PDA

View Full Version : TRX vs. Sunray Dx-1

Ronandari
09-24-2014, 07:07 PM
Hello all.
My old Garrett PP is getting a little unreliable so I am looking to pick up a new pointer. I have a Sunray on my Etrak and like it so I am considering getting one for my VX3. The VX3 is my go to unit now due to the lighter weight being a little easier on my shoulder with arthritis. The price difference is negligible to me ($35). I am looking for opinions from my friends here at AD. Any thoughts about the TRX compared to the Sunray would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Ron

del
09-24-2014, 07:38 PM
the sunray inline probe would give you more depth and information about the target than the trx , hands down.

Ronandari
09-24-2014, 07:50 PM
Thanks Del. From what I have read, the TRX has very good depth. Does the DX-1 have any affect on ground tracking with the V machines? I also noticed that there are some disclaimers on the Sunray site about possibly having to reduce sensitivity. Most of those statements seem to relate to TX boost which the VX3 doesn't have.

Thanks again

del
09-24-2014, 08:05 PM
the trx does have pretty good depth but the sunray will detect as your machine is set up .so if you have tone id on , you will be able to pinpoint the non-ferrous targets in the same hole when iron is also present. a real plus in trashy conditions .

rsarge1
09-24-2014, 11:13 PM
I've had and used both if I had a choice I would go with the sunray probe it is more stable and easier to use as well as tone id through the machine , I have the ctx so I have both the trx and the garret pin pointer but if it were possible I would have the sunray probe.

hope this helps

sarge

Beartoe
09-25-2014, 03:41 PM
Thanks Ron.

I also am on the fence about the two probes. I am looking to get one or the other next spring. I figure by then any bugs will be worked out of the TRX (if there are any that is). It is good to know what the other users are saying about the comparison.

Ronandari
09-25-2014, 06:32 PM
Thanks Ron.

I also am on the fence about the two probes. I am looking to get one or the other next spring. I figure by then any bugs will be worked out of the TRX (if there are any that is). It is good to know what the other users are saying about the comparison.

I have the Sunray on my Etrak and really like it but my shoulder has been giving me problems lately. My VX3 is a lighter unit. Hopefully it will still be lighter with the new probe on it. Thankfully I'm not swinging that Super 12 like you have :lol:

Lowjiber
09-26-2014, 05:05 AM
...I am looking to get one or the other next spring. I figure by then any bugs will be worked out of the TRX (if there are any that is)...
Comparison? There aren't any "bugs" in the Sunray. That's enough for me. I have three of 'em installed on detectors.

Ronandari
09-26-2014, 08:44 PM
Well I ordered up the Sunray. Thanks for the inputs. I have the Sunray on my Minelab but wanted to know if the TRX was a comparative unit. That is the thing that I like about this forum. I can get open minded opinions about any product without censorship or bias. Thanks again.

Ron

Big Boys Hobbies
10-01-2014, 09:01 AM
I love the new Whites TRX (http://www.bigboyshobbies.net/whites-trx-pin-pointer)! Best hand help out now.