PDA

View Full Version : Tough five hour hunt.

hoser
11-09-2009, 09:59 PM
I got enough work done around the house that it was time to get out and do a little hunting again. I hooked up with two other fellows and we were going to hunt in an area I had found some silver before but at the last moment there was a change of plans. We instead headed to the west end of the national guard camp where I had hunted a while back and its like hunting in a maze. We drove for about half and hour and by the time we got to where his other guy wanted to hunt I was totally lost. The area looked pretty good so we all headed in different directions. I took to an open area that was high ground but flat that I figured would be a prime spot to set up a big campsite. I kept getting solid high 60's for VDI's that is normally in the penny range but OH NOOOO! Every one of these turned out to be bullets. :angry: I moved to an area just below a hill and hunted around some old oak trees. I got a very stong VDI of 86-88 and I know this is usually in the silver range. Sure enough it turned out to be a 64 Washington in pretty good shape. That was the best find I made all day. Don't think I will be going back there again. I didn't take a photo but ya'll know what a silver Washington looks like. :grin: It was good to get back out in the woods again. If the weather holds later this week I will go to my old area and hit that hard. Snows-A-commin and it might be my last hoorah for the year. thumbsup01

OkieDigger
11-09-2009, 10:22 PM
Great find Hoser! Glad you're getting out. I've been trying to talk Steve into finding some of this outlaw treasure buried near me. Are you interested?

Also, I need you to talk some sense into Steve and tell him to stop going detecting in this horrible weather. He has enough silver already. :grin:

Dave
11-10-2009, 12:50 AM
It's nice to hear that you got away for a hunt. Congrats on your silver find!

Snowy
11-10-2009, 04:41 AM
Even if you find nothing, sometimes it's just good to get out and dig.
Those kinda hunts are generally more successful for me...

Krom
11-10-2009, 07:12 AM
Nice silver strike, Bill. Glad to hear you got out for a bit. (Nice seein' your posts & life updates, too, bro.) ;)

Jason in Enid
11-10-2009, 08:22 AM
Any hunt that results in Silver is a good hunt in my book.

One thing to keep in mind about military sites.. The encampments should never be on top of a hill. They always strive to stay low to avoid silouetting (sp!) themselves, even in training.

Epi-hunter
11-10-2009, 11:34 AM
Hi Bill, great to hear from you, and congrats on the silver quarter! Glad you were able to get out. It won't be long and we will be stuck indoors for the winter (some of us, anyway :) )

angellionel
11-10-2009, 01:10 PM
Nice going Bill! Silver always makes for a wonderful find. :)

marchas45
11-10-2009, 01:15 PM
Alright Bill you found silver, that's all that matters along with some good companionship. thumbsup01

MNDigger
11-10-2009, 07:01 PM
Nice job bud! Glad to see you are getting out and finding some silver before the white stuff flies! Don't be such a stranger!

hoser
11-10-2009, 07:46 PM
The weather forcast for Friday is warm and mostly sunny soooo I'm gonna head out again . Maybe I'll hit that sweet spot and catch up to Steve and Dale. Ain't EVEN gonna try to catch Angel. That would take an act of God. :shocked04: :grin: All my outdoor chores are DONE!! WOOHOO! Now its my time. thumbsup01

OkieDigger
11-10-2009, 07:47 PM
Oh yeah, time to play! And you really do need to come around more often. We miss you. :kiss:

Krom
11-10-2009, 08:10 PM
Any hunt that results in Silver is a good hunt in my book.

One thing to keep in mind about military sites.. The encampments should never be on top of a hill. They always strive to stay low to avoid silouetting (sp!) themselves, even in training.

J, your first sentence is what it's all about, man! Even one piece of silver should make anyone's day! (sorry about the swearin', Angel. :twirlingeyes:)

Hey Bill... if that quarter was anywhere near th' top of that hill, then maybe it was dropped by the only soldier that was going over the hill. :cheesysmile: